Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Feb 9, 2020 3:26 PM

Additional $7.46 increase on U200 package 'just because'?

I noticed on this month's (February 2020) bill an additional $7.46 charge comprised of $5.00 for U200 related charges, a $2.45 amount in surcharges and fees, and $.01 for government taxes and fees.

Apparently the notion of having a 12 month fixed price agreement doesn't resonate with AT&T, and when you type this subject into the chatbot window it offers up a snarky "We don't like it either but..." response as an explanation for the increase. Nice.

Has anyone been successful in contacting them to have these costs removed?

Thanks.

Responses

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

No. I have'nt yet. I just noticed my bill too went up a whopping $30 from $168 to $198 in one month for a u200/int100 plan after the installation just 3 months ago. I haven't even went through a 12 month initlal start-up plan and I'm paying $25 more than when I was with Spectrum with a similar plan. It was the reason I left Spectrum. If this is my new adjusted service bill per month, I'm going to start looking elsewhere again.

• 

4 Messages

@ctradio1XYZ

Thank you ctradio. That's a ridiculous increase which you were hit with.

I've tried to reach out a couple of times on chat, but it directs me to call the 800 number.

I will give them a call tomorrow morning and post back the response I receive.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

Well, an FYI to anyone having the same issue. I was able to reach out to support today via chat and explain I had a 12 month fixed rate promotion and ask why my rate had been increased.

I was given the answer below in response (taken from the chat log):

Thank you so much for patiently waiting. Upon reviewing your bill, the reason for the increase was due to an annual plan rate increase all across AT&T customers. Our partners/Content providers raise their rates over time and as a result, AT&T periodically adjusts package pricing to avoid contract disputes and also avoid any channels that will be lost due to disputes. AT&T will always work to reach a fair deal for its customers.

The rep then quickly agreed to adjust the account to offset any increase. I got the impression they were hearing from a lot of angry customers on this.

Hopefully this will assist others who are getting hit with this type of increase. I would guess AT&T is counting on a certain percentage of people who simply won't bother to contact them about it and just pay the increase.

This is a very dishonest move, in my opinion, and yes, I will be cancelling my service once the contract period is up.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

There is always an annual price increase. See HERE for price changes for 2020.

You should continue to receive your DISCOUNT until your contract is up and should show on your bill as a 'discount'.

I wouldn't count on the price adjustment to continue indefinitely since it was an across the board price increase that affected all of us.

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Thank you. No, it won't need to continue indefinitely because I'll be cancelling my service at this end of this contract period. When you promise someone a fixed rate price for a set period, then it should be honored as such.

Rather tone deaf of AT&T to take this approach with the plethora of other options for obtaining content these days.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…