You can now stream Direc TV Now on Chromebook devices with google play store enabled
Many fail to realize there is actually a difference between Google Chrome (the browser) and Chrome OS (any Chromebook). While Chrome is the name of the browser, the browser is located on a device that runs a specific operating system (ie Windows, Mac, etc.). Chrome OS is an operating system as well (just like Windows and Mac are.)
Many users are unable to use DirecTV Now on their chromebook devices. They become frustrated when they read the ever dreaded, "What the deuce" message and end up reading that the chrome version they are using is actually in the 50+ range but yet still is not working.
Until recently, that meant that DirecTV Now and Chromebook were not compatible. However, that is no longer the case (for most). Many Chromebook models now support Google Play store Integration. This allows for android apps to be run on your device as they would a phone or tablet.
Follow the steps below to check and see if your device is capable, and how to get streaming on your Chromebook NOW!
1. Navigate to the setting menu on the Chromebook (Click on the time at the bottom right, then click the gear icon on the notification window that pops up)
2. Once in settings, scroll down until you see the words, "Google Play Store", "Google Play Store (Beta)", or "Android Apps". (If it is not in your settings, unfortunately your device does not support this feature at this time and you will need to utilize a different device to stream DirecTV Now)
3. Under this heading, ensure that the box next to the words, "Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook" is checked.
4. Exit the settings and navigate to the Google Play Store (Beta) app in the Chrome OS Apps Folder (The circle at the bottom right)
5. Search for Direc TV Now and click install.
6. Accept any permissions requested.
7. Once installed launch the app. The first thing it will ask you is for your location. You MUST grant this permission for this to work on your Chromebook.
8. Sign into the app as you would any device with your username and passwords.
9. Allow the app to load up and start streaming away (Tip: some users have reported when they first started streaming the sound was up on their device, but nothing was playing. Ensure the sound icon at the bottom of the streaming content is not muted. Unmute and you're good to go.)