Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 2:54 PM

Where's the iPad app?

I signed up and prepaid for Directv Now but there is no iPad app!  The "Watch Now" button links to the App Store but there's no app.  I tried the vanilla Directv app but it doesn't recognize my account.  Where's the app?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hey,

Sorry for the inconvenience downloading the app. You can click to directly Download the iTunes App for DIRECTV NOW.

Feel free to also check out more information about DIRECTV NOW Supported Devices as well as how to set them up. Let us know if you have any other questions.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Relics

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

Use the following to get the iOS App & AppleTV App

Install iOS App Using The Direct Link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/directv-now/id1136238277?mt=8

Install the app using the direct link until Apple's App Store index's the new app and it appears in search. To get it on Apple TV, use the steps below once you have it installed on an iOS device like an iPhone / iPad.

Here's a work around for getting the App on AppleTV if you already have it installed on a iOS device like an iPhone / iPad. 

1. Open the AppleTV App Store

2. Go to "Purchased" at the top of the store.

3. Choose "DirecTV Now" and "Get"

That should get it on your device. If you downloaded it to your iOS and have auto App download turned on for the AppleTV, it should also be already download to your AppleTV, but this is a work around until search is working for those that don't have an iOS device.

Russo024

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I just created my account and tried to search for the app in the Apple App Store but I keep getting a message saying this app is not available?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

When will the App for Apple TV be available?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Okay there is no app to download in the play store what gives? Using an lg v20?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

DIRECTV NOW by AT&T Services, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/f7zUdb.i
chrisblec

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I just signed up for 3-months prepaid but there is no iOS or Apple TV app available in the App Stores.

When will these apps be available?  If not today, can you add extra days to the end of my subscription to make up for this lost time?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

They need to extend the paid time being it's useless at the moment. I cant image how they neglected to provide an App.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just signed up only to discover no app in the Apple store.  Took advantage of Apple TV offer.  Certainly hope will be able to use it.  Guess will have to wait to see what kind of service to expect!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same here. Just signed up. Can't watch. 😔

Russo024

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I found a way to download the app for Apple devices. Go to the website, login, the part where it shows my account etc click help center scroll down to where it says download app and it should show three links.

1 for amazon
1 for google
1 for Apple
dollyfay

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks! Worked for me!

Relics

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

The iOS app is available in the Apple App Store now. The service just launched, so give it more than 3 hours to get everything launched. As for the AppleTV app, I'm not seeing it yet, but I would imagine that it will be avialble within the next 24 hours. Depends on how long Apple takes to push it to the App Store for download.

iOS App - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/directv-now/id1136238277?mt=8

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

That app is for iPhone and iPad, not Apple TV. Doesn't show up when you search for it in your apple tv app store.

Russo024

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Sure. No problem.

Get started...

Ask a new question