Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Dec 20, 2016 2:30 PM

When will Error QP1502 be fixed?

This has been nearly a month now. Twitter refers to chat and chat refers to forums and troubleshooting steps that do not work (updating device, rebooting device, uninstalling/reinstalling your app repeatedly).  No issues with Sling or PS Vue, just Directv now.

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue here. Freezing very frequently and error QP1502. This is unuseable as a primary TV service. Not apple to apples but have watched 100's of hours on Amazon Prime video with virtually no issues on Apple TV. Same for Netcasts (TWIT TV).

Signed up for 3 months, if it is not fixed by then I will sadly have to cancel. Thanks for your comments on PS VUE sounds like that may be a better alternative.

reddice

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

4 years ago

I gave up on this service. I am just waiting until my subscription ends and I am staying with Sling.tv. With DTVNot I have seen more QP1502 errors, error 40 and 60 to drive anyone insane.
theroys88

Guru

• 

513 Messages

4 years ago

Staying with Vue for now. What a major dissapointment for me. I had high hopes for this service. They couldn't have laid a bigger egg if they tried. Major failure!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here. Will see if they can resolve. If not, I have a nice Apple TV to use for other things.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Re: when wil Error QP1502 be fixed?

I am convinced, just like most of the people on this chat, that the DirecTV Now app is the route cause of all the problems.  We are all saying that our equipment is operating just fine with all the other options we have (apps) and all these AT&T suggested fixes will not solve problems on an app that has been released too soon.  All of us are doing the DirecTV Now app Beta testing and paying for our trouble.

AT&T first told me I that I needed to increase my u-verse download speed from 6 to 12mbs. It took about half an hour after the upgrade to see that was a worthless effort.  Next At&T changed my u-verse modum from 2.4gtz to 5. That did seem to slow the recurrence of the buffering but not fix it. Then I removed an antenna amplifier that was connected to my TV and relocated my Apple TV box as far away from the TV as I could; no change. There are no speakers or any type of coil near my TV or Apple TV receiver that could cause interference.

An AT&T tech came by my home today. He saw the QP1502 error code. He verified that my u-verse was operating normally and checked my download speed. He also inspected my TV operation with the Apple TV and how all the apps were working fine.  He agreed that I had no electric devises near the Apple devise or TV that could cause problems. He said he will stay in touch to share what we learn about the buffering problem. He left me his name and phone number.  

A good guy. 

• 

4 Messages

Hi! I know this post is super old but I’m experiencing the same issues with the U-verse app on my firestick. Did you ever get it fixed? 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

Not even the forum for U-verse! This is the forum for the internet streaming service AT&T TV NOW. Try the U-verse forum located https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-TV/ct-p/tv_uverse

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

what it comes down to is that ATT / DirecTvNow is a massive failure.  They solution is not working but they continue to spew it to their customer rep like it is the solution.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

i am having the same error message and i have tried two different fire tv sticks including the one directv sent.    Very fustrating as i keep going back to the slingtv app which which works without issue.   this has neen my experoence since day one and i am close to throwing in the towel.

theroys88

Guru

• 

513 Messages

4 years ago

I had to inservice my wife on both Vue and Now. Buffering on the firetv starts around 5pm and unfortunately that is when we watch tv. They have two month to fix this issue or we will stay with Vue. My wife likes Now better and finds it is easier to navigate and she also commented that the pq looks better. This issue must be a pretty big one since they are no closer to a fix then three weeks ago. 

Get started...

Ask a new question