Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
D

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jul 4, 2020 3:12 PM

What's the difference between att tv and att tv now?

Thinking of signing up for one of these services but curious about their differences and which one you guys recommend.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.5K Messages

a month ago

Both are tv service via the Internet. ATT TV Now requires the use of an app on a streaming device or smart tv or mobile device. Consequently, it is service you can access anywhere. ATT TV requires an ATT provided set top box, though I believe you can also use the same app. As for what programming choices and prices available on each, I don’t know. This comparison of the two might help: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/att-tv-vs-att-tv-now-vs-hbo-max-vs-hbo-now-vs-hbo-go-vs-dc-universe/

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lydian

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

There really isn't any difference in the services themselves. You can get most of the same packages. NOW offers two additional smaller packages PLUS and MAX.

The biggest difference is AT&T TV includes a box and, because of the box, requires a 2 year contract. However, you can buy the same box on ebay and use it with NOW without a contract. The app and features are exactly the same. The packages are the same for Entertainment, Choice, Xtra and Ultimate. PLUS and MAX are a little cheaper and have fewer channels and are only available on NOW.

I can't recommend either of them because their competitors are better and cheaper and have no commitment. There's a reason NOW lost half of their subscribers in the past few quarters.

Get started...

Ask a new question