Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

10 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 3:21 PM

What if have a non-smart TV ?

I just signed up for ATT TV NOW. I have two TVS. One is a Sharp RokuTV, and the other is a Sony 42" non-smart TV. Would I need to pay for two ATT TV NOW boxes ? I don't understand the install process for each TV ? And, will it work ?

garystan1952

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 weeks ago

Are you talking about AT&T TV or AT&T TV Now? they are 2 different services. I supported device is needed on each tv to use the service.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

@bcbsncjlj

First.........I found out that I one of the ATT Supervisors was leading me to a fraudulent website.....to sign up for ATT TV NOW. The address is : www.atttvnow.com. I just spoke to a Customer Rep (via chat), and she found no record of ANY ATT TV or ATT TV NOW account that's scheduled for service. That aside.........one TV is a Sharp Roku TV (Roku no longer has an ATT TV app). The other TV is a 42" Sony TV...which is a non-smart TV, with an Amazon Fire TV Home attached. The reason I'm trying to switch to ATT TV is because DirectTV ($175 a month) is too expensive. That cost is destroying my Checking account. And, I'm getting nowhere in finding out about the cost of having two ATT TV boxes. I'm SUPPOSED to have my DirectTV shut off on 2/3/2020. To make the transition. Now.........I'm stuck in the "middle of the road". Where do I go to clear up this mess ?

garystan1952

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

Clear up what? If you want AT&T TV service go here or if you want AT&T TV Now then go here As stated you will need supported device for each set. Then just download the app to your device, sign-in, and enjoy. A subscription allows 2 active streams to be used at once. the app can be installed on as many devices as you desire.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

If you have a unsupported device then you will need a supported device.

• 

10 Messages

@bcbsncjlj

This is going to sound like "beating a dead horse", but I found out that Roku no longer has the ATT TV app. That's one reason I have to find out how much two ATT TV boxes wil cost.

Thanks for your time,

garystan1952

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

Why would you buy AT&T boxes. That's crazy. There are others devices like free sticks etc.