Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Oct 5, 2019 11:08 PM

What has replaced Direct TV Now to access HBO Go?

I used to access my free-for-lifetime HBO Go benefits via carrier DirectTV NOW, but Direct TV Now has disappeared.  Anybody know how to access HBO Go now?  The app asks for a provider, Direct TV Now is no longer an option, and my login doesn't work with Direct TV or AT&T TV.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

4 months ago

@bcbsncjlj   Huh?   My understanding is they DO NOT have to subscribe to TV service to redeem free HBO, or re verify a previous free HBO service.   

@CasaDeCastro   Please contact At&t directly.  You may gave to go through At&t TV Now support to get the correct information.  

Just an FYI, the free HBO from the unlimited plus plan unregistered itself for a lot of people. And DTVN is gone.  We can’t just tell people their free HBO for life got void when At&t changed it streaming service name.  

I no longer have the service, so I’m not able to help from the inside.  

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

4 months ago

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks

Do you know how to get a login for ATT TV without paying for their service, so that I can access the HBO benefit?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 months ago

No. You need to subscribe period. Nothing is free.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 months ago

@lizdance40 I am not aware of any "free-for-life" HBO GO By "carrier" DirecTV Now (now AT&T TV Now). May be something that the wireless service may offer but nor DTVN (AT&T TV NOW). I do not have cell service from AT&T. The wording was a little vague in the post.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

4 months ago

@bcbsncjlj   The wireless unlimited Plus plan came with free HBO for as long as the user kept the plan.  No other TV requirements from At&t/directTv.   The only way to validate stand alone HBO was through DTVN.  It now has to go through AT&T TV NOW

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

4 months ago

@CasaDeCastro   This is an old link, but At&t is still giving it out.  Please let us know if it works.   It says direcTV NOW, but it routes you to the newly named AT&T TV NOW

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans-plus-v2.html?source=ESSZ0SSPR00T1EsEM&wtExtndSource=20190823193600_Account+Features_Mobility_LITHIUM_2585971676

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks for the suggestion, I did have to chat with them for them to set me up on ATT TV - there's no way to do it online.  I'm good to go!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

4 months ago

It should be able to be done online.  Since I don’t have the service anymore, I can’t test it.  

3BBB3E50-11BE-4089-B52A-52E60AA553C2.jpeg