AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
K
KBMe

• 

27 Messages

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 3:23 PM

Unable to set recording for ANY of my LOCAL channels

There is no option to hit record for any of the local channel programs when viewing ahead in the Guide (non-locals have the option available).  It looks like REC is visible on the currently playing program on a local, but why is it not showing for future programs when they are selected?  

Occurs on Windows PC, iPhone and Apple TV.  

Responses

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

22 days ago

I just checked several different locals (affiliates for ABC, CBS, and Fox) on both iPhone and Win/Chrome, and I saw a REC button on every future item I checked in the guide - network programming, syndicated shows, and local news.  You aren't seeing this on any programming?  Certain syndicated programming doesn't allow recording, but I've only seen that a couple of times, and I've never seen it on network or local shows.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
KBMe

• 

27 Messages

22 days ago

Any program I choose in the future, for example CBS tonight at 8:00. I touch the entry for the Presidential debate. There is no option to record. I will attach a screen shot of what I see.

any other non-local channel program has Rec as an option. No local shows have rec, I have selected many on abc, cbs, nbc...
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

22 days ago

This is on an iPad?  I'd assume, since my very similar display (for the same show) on an iPad is:

Note that I do have a REC button, as I do on other devices for this show.  I believe the local affiliates have the (rarely employed, except for a few syndicated shows) option to forbid recording, but you indicate that all content on multiple locals have the same issue, and it seems unlikely that all the locals in a particular location would do the same or would block network content.  If you could record nothing, I'd think there was an oops on your account indicating you didn't have a DVR or it was locked out or something.  But being able to record other things, just not your local affiliates is very odd.  When you hit the ellipsis (three dots in the lower left), do you get a popup?  If so, what does it show?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
KBMe

• 

27 Messages

22 days ago

Here is what I see if I choose the program airing later tonight on CBS with the ellipsis press

No option to record.

• 

2 Messages

22 days ago

I have the same issue. It looks like it is limited to CBS and NBC (as far as major networks go). I can't record any future programming on those two networks. The record button does show up for programming that is currently on-air. I'm in the Houston area for reference.

KBMe

• 

27 Messages

22 days ago

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone! I am in the Minneapolis area.  You are able to see a Record option for ABC - or do you not have ABC?  Just curious.

• 

2 Messages

21 days ago

The record button does show up on ABC for me.

Get started...

Ask a new question