Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
S

• 

9 Messages

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 2:28 AM

Unable to record NHL Hockey local team games only

The recent games on NBCS and Fox Sports local affiliates, it will let me record all games other than my local team's game. If I try it gives an "error saying unable to record at this time" or on the web version "you dont have a subscription", which obviously I do since I get that channel. In fact, during the game, it will let me view it live on those channels - just not record it - so weird. Is this some bug where it blacks out recording of games, but not thew live viewing of them? Ive never heard of something like that

Responses

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.6K Messages

2 months ago

It is possible that this isn't a bug or error - the content owner can choose whether they want to allow recording of the content or not.  It does seem odd/unlikely, however.  Have you experienced the same symptom more than once (assuming there's been a second game yet for you to try to record)?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

9 Messages

2 months ago

The first game was Sunday. At that time I checked the future game (tues/today) and it was still set to record. Then yesterday when i checked it was suddenly set to not record again and sure enough it had changed to not being recorded and now it won't let me again. So I think you're right, it's something on purpose preventing me, I just don't understand why

• 

9 Messages

2 months ago

Chatted with customer service (again) and indeed it is a content owner thing. What a joke. Just canceled and sadly will have to return to YouTubeTV. Have never had a streaming platform where you can view something live but not record it

• 

1 Message

a month ago

This problem is also happening to me. I have had ATT Now (DirectTVNow) for over a year and it was never an issue previously. This week alone though, all of the local teams (Baseball and Hockey) have stopped allowing recording of games. This is how I watch the majority of my sports...

I pay to have the content and recording that content should be at my discretion. If it is not, I will find a new service.

• 

9 Messages

a month ago

Exactly. I already canceled and went back to YTTV bc of this. Ive never heard of a provider having aome agreement where u pay for access to anchannel but cant record some things on that channel

Get started...

Ask a new question