Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 4, 2019 2:53 PM

Traveling in Arizona but still receiving Seattle channels

Would like to receive the locals where we are physically located but all we get are the same channels as if we are at home. OK if we are on the Pacific Coast (same time zone) but is difficult when we travel to the Mid-West and East coast.

Responses

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

5 months ago

Your service is linked to your billing address, that is how ATT TV sends your local channels.

ATT TV won't send out the locals where you travel to.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Thanks for the info. Using our Billing Address rather than ISP address
is a change from when we originally subscribed with DirecTVNoW. Guess I
didn't read the fine print on one of the updates. Will have to rethink
our subscription as we are traveling more. Getting Pacific Coast
channels in the mid-west two hours off from local time wrecks our daily
schedule.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

5 months ago

Well it appears it depends on your device. There has been a lot of changes but if you are mobile or Apple device you may get the traveling locals. I certainly do. but on devices like fire Sticks and Roku's that do not have GPS I only receive locals from by billing address. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

Local channels on streaming services are based off the home address on file or in service, not by your location. If this is Directv or U-Verse, the local channels are your him address and you’d have to have service in Arizona to change that. If you are using a streaming option like atttvnow, then visit the site directly to change the address listed, atttvnow.com

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…