Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Dec 24, 2018 3:29 PM

Third-Party Apps Won't Authenticate

When attempting to authenticate to third-party TV apps on the Apple TV (I've now tried History, Lifetime and Hallmark), authentication won't work.  For History Channel and Lifetime, I get prompted to go to a website and enter an authentication code.  Much like a recent poster in this forum, I pick "DirectTV NOW", put in the code, hit the button and either A) get a blank box (if on my phone or iPad) or I get an error window (if on my desktop).  For Hallmark, I get a slightly more useful error code, directly on the Apple TV ("Your TV provider (ATTOTT) is not currently available. If logged in through Single Sign-On, please disable it in app settings").

I've tried logging out of DirectTV NOW and then logging back in on my AppleTV, but it doesn't make a difference.

Thoughts?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

History and Lifetime should work, Hallmark is not supported:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222524?isreauth=true&gsi=YEl8yPs

DTVN has been having some problems with app authentication lately.

I have found it's safest to use Chrome when authenticating, with no blockers of any sort installed, incognito if nothing else works. In some cases it has taken me over a minute to get an authorization back from DTVN. Be patient.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for both!  The incognito trick didn't work, but I'll keep trying.  Currently getting a "cprodmasx.att.com refused to connect." error authenticating History & Lifetime.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Did not work for me either -- this is becoming incredibly frustrating as well -- am getting this message constantly!!