Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
W

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Dec 16, 2020 4:46 AM

Setting DVR to record a sports team

I'd like to set the DVR to record all of the local sports teams' games - Memphis Grizzlies, Nashville Preds, etc. Other services that I've used (DirecTV, Youtube TV) have an option to identify your favorite teams and/or to choose to record all of a particular team's games. Any suggestions?

Responses

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I have the same previous experience and question.  To put a sharper point on it, the capability to “set and forget” DVR recording of specific sports teams is my customer expectation.  I just subscribed to AT&T TV Now and find this apparent capability gap extremely disappointing.  I see this issue was raised in this forum at least as far back as 2018.  All else being equal this gap will be reason enough to switch streaming services in the future ... 

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I agree. AT&T bought DirecTV. You would think that there would be some sharing of successful ideas, especially since they have phased out the DirecTV Now service. Instead, the AT&T TV NOW version of the DVR service is antiquated, unstable and and the functionality is poorly designed. It's almost like this is their first shot at providing a DVR service. I would humbly suggest that they take a look at DirecTV's DVR interface, or even better, YouTubeTV's DVR package, which is very good in my opinion.

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I dont think anyone at ATT has ever watched a sporting event. 

The entire design team needs to buy a TIVO Edge and copy the capabilities. How can you not have the option to extend a recording? How can you not have the option to record your favorite teams games automatically? just a horrible DVR experience for a sports fan

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

The only way that I can do it, is by recording the entire sport...   I click on "record series" for NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

For overtime games, a work around for me as a Phoenix Suns fan (I know been a rough decade), I can record the Suns Post Game Show which always follows games on Fox Sports Arizona. It’s always the same name so is a “series” that can recorded without recording each individual episode.  For national network basketball games or any NFL games I guess will have to record the show following each game <sigh, dripping with disappointment>.  Just today (Christmas 2020), I recorded the Vikings v Saints game.  No overtime but the recording quit with ~2 min left in 4th qtr.  Game wasn’t close but WOW ... AT&T TV Now are you serious? This has happened on other games so apparently a “feature”.  I’m looking forward to some other streaming service to pick up Fox Regional Sports ...

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

This is complete (Edited per community guidelines). The worst, most embarr(Edited per community guidelines)ing service i've ever tried to use. What a (Edited per community guidelines)ing joke. Horrible interface, layout, and search engine. Can't even pick a team and see the upcoming games (Edited per community guidelines). Literally no convenience anywhere to be found. Every single step of the way this "service" is a pain in the (Edited per community guidelines)ing (Edited per community guidelines). Not only can you not schedule recordings so that it records every game of your sports teams (??????), but if you try to record each and every game (which is your only option, and only games in the next few weeks will even show up) some of them will "randomly" not be able to be set to record for "reasons". This (Edited per community guidelines)stick of a service doesn't even allow you to "Follow" series so that it records them????? (Edited per community guidelines) ARE U (Edited per community guidelines)ED?? That is the number one thing a streaming service should have.  On an $80 subscription this is a (Edited per community guidelines)ing war crime. Youtube tv makes these (Edited per community guidelines) look like completely inept (Edited per community guidelines)s who likely haven't watched jack (Edited per community guidelines) on a streaming service in their entire pathetic lives. (Edited per community guidelines). OFF.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Well said CC. If youtubetv had channel #s and TWC we would still be with them after our move. I'm impressed that what they do have works so well, but the inability to merely extend recording periods in inexcusable. The lack of keyword or team-following recording is laughable, but not as hysterical as your  (Edited per community guidelines)ing post. Thanks for the laugh.

ATT please tell us this is being addressed....

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

If you attempt to file every and each sport (which is your most effective choice, and most effective video games inside the following couple of weeks will also display up) with this store a number of them will "randomly" no longer be able to be set to document for "motives". This (Edited in step with community recommendations)stick of a provider does not even can help you "Follow" series so that it data them. That is the number one thing a streaming carrier ought to have.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question