Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 8:02 PM

RSN's (Regional Sports Networks)

It slightly confuses me that the Regional Sports Network in the Pittsburgh area is not included in the Directv Now line-up (RootSports). After all it is fully owned by AT&T/Direct TV and is part of the AT&T Sports Network. In fact, none of the AT&T Sports Network RSN's are included in the Directv Now line-up. Is there a reasonable answer? On a side note when inputting a Pittsburgh area zip code in your LocalChannel/RSN Lookup utility it lists FS Ohio as the local RSN, this could not be further from the truth.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

We appreciate the tremendous response and love for DIRECTV NOW. We have great information to help identify your regional sports networks (RSN). This tool identifies your RSN networks by zip code.

Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) are included when you subscribe to a DIRECTV NOW Just Right package or above. RSNs air professional and collegiate sports, as well as domestic and international amateur sports, on networks like Fox Sports, Comcast Sportsnet, etc.

To confirm your package:

1.Sign in to your DIRECTV NOW account.
2.In your User Account, select Manage My Plan.

RSNs and your location

Local channels aren’t available when you travel outside of your billing zip code and metro area. So, if you travel to a market outside your billing zip code, local channels and RSNs will be unavailable to watch.

Remember, you only can watch the RSN or local station while the following match:

•Your billing zip code
•Your current location when streaming from a device

RSNs by broadcast area

Some sporting events may only be eligible for viewing in certain viewing areas. For example, if the NBA sells broadcasting rights to MSG for a Knicks game in the New York City market, only customers in that local market can watch the Knicks games on MSG.

Although networks like TNT provide national coverage and permit sports events to be broadcast throughout the country, those networks may restrict showings where an RSN is also broadcasting the same event.

Be sure to:

• Enable location services on your device 
  • Disable your VPN service, if one is being used. This can affect your location as well causing unexpected errors.
  • Test off Wi-Fi. If you have a mobile device.

We are monitoring this thread. Please post any solutions/ troubleshooting steps you have tried.

Please visit these links for additional information about your channel lineup and pricing and local channel availability details. Check out this article for Blackout Information.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Official Solution

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

We appreciate the tremendous response and love for DIRECTV NOW. We have great information to help identify your regional sports networks (RSN). This tool identifies your RSN networks by zip code.

Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) are included when you subscribe to a DIRECTV NOW Just Right package or above. RSNs air professional and collegiate sports, as well as domestic and international amateur sports, on networks like Fox Sports, Comcast Sportsnet, etc.

To confirm your package:

1.Sign in to your DIRECTV NOW account.
2.In your User Account, select Manage My Plan.

RSNs and your location

Local channels aren’t available when you travel outside of your billing zip code and metro area. So, if you travel to a market outside your billing zip code, local channels and RSNs will be unavailable to watch.

Remember, you only can watch the RSN or local station while the following match:

•Your billing zip code
•Your current location when streaming from a device

RSNs by broadcast area

Some sporting events may only be eligible for viewing in certain viewing areas. For example, if the NBA sells broadcasting rights to MSG for a Knicks game in the New York City market, only customers in that local market can watch the Knicks games on MSG.

Although networks like TNT provide national coverage and permit sports events to be broadcast throughout the country, those networks may restrict showings where an RSN is also broadcasting the same event.

Be sure to:

• Enable location services on your device 
  • Disable your VPN service, if one is being used. This can affect your location as well causing unexpected errors.
  • Test off Wi-Fi. If you have a mobile device.

We are monitoring this thread. Please post any solutions/ troubleshooting steps you have tried.

Please visit these links for additional information about your channel lineup and pricing and local channel availability details. Check out this article for Blackout Information.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was wondering if you have fox southwest on your package?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

I signed up this morning for DirecTV Now. I get my primary RSN channel of Fox Sports North but the overflow channel of Fox Sports North Plus is nowhere to be found.

Why isn't the overflow channel included? Is this an error? Will it be added shortly?
sasean

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I live in San Antonio and it says I have Fox Sports Southwest, but I can't find the channel.  BTW I can't believe you couldn't get any local channels for San Antonio...Fox, ABC or NBC.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I also live in Corpus Christi and always get Fox Sports Southwest (I got it on Directv Satellite and on other streaming services). I need my Spurs games or sadly I won't be able to keep Directv Now. DIRECTV NOW Support.... Can you please activate zip code 78418 for FSSW?

sasean

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I saw it on the link where you check for local channels, but I don't see it either

sasean

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Exactly,  I need my Spurs

rfalvis

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

Go to network tab (in the iPhone tab) and when searching for a network type FSN and you should be able to see the channel for fox sports southwest
rfalvis

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

I Live in Oklahoma and I used to get fox sports Oklahoma when I was with sling and ps vue... however I am only getting fox sports southwest... which is not what I want.

Please fix it so I can watch fox sports Oklahoma. My zip code is 73132
daninsatx

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I signed up this morning but do not see Fox Sports Southwest.  There are supposed to be the RSC but don't see it in my case, San Antonio, 78240.  Anyone see it?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I am disappointed to see that Root Sports Rocky Mountain is not included in the regional sports. This is surprising since AT&T owns Root Sports. This is the only thing missing from the promotional package for us (well and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries(for the wife) is "mysteriously" only in the cheapest package, but not included in the other packages??).

Will Root Sports Rocky Mountain be included in the near future?

seamark

Scholar

• 

80 Messages

4 years ago

I am wondering exactly the same about Root Sports Northwest.

olileo

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

so does directv now not carry Fox sports southwest? and why?

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

4 years ago

Note to check availability of local and regional sports channels:

Check Locals/Regional Network Availability