Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 7:56 PM

ROKU and Amazon Fire Stick NOT working past two days

Past two days, I have tried to watch my DirecTV Now on my TVs with Roku and Amazon Fire Stick on Xfinity Cable.  It just sits there with the blue bar pulsing.  My other apps work fine like ABC or HBOGO.  It works fine on my iPhone or iPad.  Any help will be appreciated!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

Delete and reinstall the app.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AugieD

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

2 years ago

are you saying there is a new version for Roku and FireTV? if there isn't, and i do not see one, then why is reinstalling considered a "solution" when we all know it's only a temporary fix?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

No not saying that they are new versions but things do happen that a new install possibly may fix. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Uninstall and reinstall the app seems to be the solution to fix any problem
with DirecTV Now after you unplug and replug in your Roku or Amazon Fire
Stick.
AugieD

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

2 years ago

yeah, i was editing when you responded...no offense was intended. deleting and reinstalling the same version only really "works" when the device is having problems...but if you look around this forum, including my own detailed posts, you'll realize the Roku and FireTV apps are, at this time, unpredictable and unreliable. Reinstalling will start out stable, but within a day the same random problems are back. Trust me, I've redone both too many times to count.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

No problem.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I deleted and reinstalled the DirectvNow app on Roku and it did not help, the blank screen is the only screen I see after the Welcome screen

• 

4 Messages

Your Problem solved or you just delete it. https://passwordrecoverys.com/amazon-fire-stick-black-screen

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

What problem? What device? This is a 2 year old post.

• 

4 Messages

@bcbsncjlj I was playing fire stick getting ready to watch a movie then it just went to "no signal" internet is connected,remote works,I've unplugged it from the tv and power source for about 5 minutes and it still won't turn on..I'm getting so frustrated please someone help me to get my fire stick to turn on..

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

Try force stopping the app. Then delete the cache and data from the app. Then try again. As a last resort you can uninstall and then reinstall the app.

• 

4 Messages

@bcbsncjlj Thanks For the Reply. I followed your process and solved.

Thanks

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…