Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jan 27, 2017 2:56 AM

PC memory requirements for browser streaming

My pic has 4 gb memory. I am having trouble streaming live tv through a browser.  I can watch previously recorded tv shows and movies through the service with no problems. Do I need more memory?

Responses

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Stan1w,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having with the PC. On this page you will see a section labeled Helpful Links. You will find a link labeled Device and Browser Troubleshooting. Click on that, you will find some troubleshooting information there. If you are on a browser, the link will be to the right. If you are on a mobile device, scroll down to find it.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Jake2914

Guru

• 

902 Messages

4 years ago

Of course not Dtv now can't upload a reliable stream. Don't go spending extra money

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I found my problem, getting error code 40 when trying to stream Directv now live video! My Zotac Zbox nano has a Intel celeron N2930 which was running at 100% whenever I loaded a browser and started live streaming. To correct the problem I disabled all of the browser add ons. After doing that the cpu usage when streaming is between 40 to 60%.

Thanks, Wayne
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Stan1w,

Thanks for coming back and writing your solution. We are updating our articles here including the one we referred you to. 

You are awesome!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Stan1w,

Can you tell us what browser you were using? 

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Directvnowcare,

I am setting up a small pc to use in the bedroom. I am using the Google Chrome browser. There are several Google extensions that are enabled when the browser is installed. I fixed my streaming problem by disabling them.

I did not have any problems streaming your service on my desktop pc which has a Intel i5 processor.

Wayne
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Thanks you @Stan1w!!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Get started...

Ask a new question