Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
danguba78's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 24, 2018 11:04 PM

Paramount Network App

When I try signing in to the Paramount Network app using my DirectTV now user name and password, my browser shows that I’ve successfully logged in, but the screen on my Apple TV (in the Paramount app indicates that there’s a subscription error, and that my package doesn’t give me access to that network. I *do* get the Paramuont Network—it’s in the lowest tier of DirecTV now and I can watch it live. Anyone else have this issue, or have a workaround?

Responses

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

154.5K Messages

3 y ago

@danguba78

Thank you for posting on the DIRECTV Now Forums Community. We here at the DIRECTV NOW Forums Support understand that you are unable to us the Paramount App.  What device are you trying to us it with?  We have checked ont eh Paramount Channel website that the DIRECTV NOW log-in does work.  We tested it ourself.  After checking other providers, you should see that DIRECTV NOW in the list. Select that it should redirect you to the DIRECTV NOW Log-in page, where you should be able to use your DIRECTV NOW credentials to log in and use the app.  Let us know if that works out for you.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

We're using Apple TV.  

We also have successfully signed in to Directv Now from the Paramount Network website, using our iPad and iPhone.  However, the Paramount app, after successfully signing in, returns a message saying we don't have  Paramount in our package.  We have the Go Big package, which does include Paramount Network now, and Spike previously.

Why does the Paramount Network think that we shouldn't have access?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

@ATTcares: It looks like @jmilleriii and are having the exact same problem.  I'm using an Apple TV 4K.  After installing the Paramount Network app on my Apple TV 4K, I launch it, select sign in, and get the TV everywhere alphanumeric and URL.

I then use a computing device to access the URL (paramountnetwork.com/activate), where there's a text-entry box to enter the code from the Paramount Network app on my Apple TV 4K:

IMG_0437.PNG

After entering the code, I am brought to a list of providers, where I select DIRECTV Now.  That launches me to DTVN's login screen:IMG_0438.PNG

After entering my user name and password, on my computing device, I get a success message:

IMG_0439.PNG

But on my Apple TV 4K, I get a message about not having access:

pic.jpg

I have been able to access Paramount Network apps on iOS (iPhone and iPad) using my DTVN credentials, so the problem's likely with the Paramount Network tvOS app.  That app directs users to their service providers (and there's no way to contact Paramount).  Can DTVN/ATT escalate this with Paramount?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Same issue here.  I have the Paramount network in my package on DirectvNow but when trying to activate the Paramount app on AppleTV, I get the same message saying that the Paramount network is not part of my subscription package.  

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.7K Messages

3 y ago

There seem to have been an excessive number of authentication issues recently (and given that Spike->Paramount was just a rebrand, I would consider it a problem with something existing rather than something new).  I personally didn't have problems authenticating on iOS (which is all I've tried so far), but I have seen other glitches.  I wonder if there are issues related to the beta test - given the increase in the number of people added to that recently, they may have made changes to their authentication servers, which may cause problems for some users?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I am having the exact same issue. I would really like to DirectTV Now solve this issue with their lack of a DVR service. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I'm also having this issue with an Apple Tv subscribing to the Paramount app .  Directv Now has there been a fix to this?   

The original message in this thread stated the issue was occurring on Apple TV yet your response was to ask what device was being used.  We are tired of canned responses and our issues not being taken seriously.   We are also getting our fill of paying full price for services that do not work.   I should not need the Paramount app but with your services constant buffering, rendering it  virtually unwatchable, alternatives are needed.  Eventually, those alternatives will be options that do not include DTN.

Please post a fix to this issue.

Thank you,

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

OMG these canned responses don't even address the issue that was clearly documented by multiple customers on this thread.

I am having the same issue.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

We were able to sign in to the Paramount App today. Looks like Paramount fixed the problem, at least for us.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

This is still an issue, at least for me. I am unable to sign in either on the PC, iOS iPhone 8 or the 4K Apple TV app. I get the "Sorry, you currently do not have Paramount Network in your subscription package."

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

3 y ago

Working fine for me using Roku, Fire TV, and the PC. Maybe you should contact support using the chat and have them reset your account.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

I've tried looking for that 'Chat' link at the bottom of the support page
but, in both Chrome and Firefox, I don't see it. I've used it once before
too but, it is not there now.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

3 y ago

Chat is available 24/7. I just verified it is up. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in (incognito mode. The reason you do not see the icon is due to some extension, program, or blocker preventing the icon from appearing. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side.

Chat_08192018.JPG

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Thank you for the tip on something blocking the Chat link. Sure enough, after disabling 3 different extensions, the Chat button / link was available. 

After working with the agent, my problem was resolved. I had to create a USER ID to sign in with to DTV NOW, not an email address. It was apparently a recent system upgrade they made. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

3 y ago

Great. That issue of extensions preventing the chat button has impacted a lot of users. Everyone wants to blame DTVN without putting the effort in determining what is actually going on in their own system. I hope you have a enjoyable experience now with DTVN.

Get started...

Ask a new question