Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
JavaBen's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Not working in Chrome 54 on Ubuntu nor Chromebooks

Can't access anything other than to login to Directvnow from Google Chrome Browser 54 (which is 50+) when doing so on Ubuntu nor from Google Chromebook.  The error says I must be using an unsupported browser, that the supported Chrome browser must be 50+.  Well, I'm in Google Chrome Browser 50+!  And it's not working from Ubuntu nor from Chromebook!

Responses

partpricer

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 y ago

I have the same issue. It does not work using Chrome with Ubuntu 16.04 or on my Chromebook.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Same.

Ubuntu 16.04, Chrome 54.

DOES work on Chrome 54 when running inside a Windows 10 virtual machine.

Maybe an Ubuntu issue?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

DirecTV Now has a LONGGGG way to go before all of its live/VOD streaming capabilities are ironed out. I sincerely doubt that AT&T thought it would be such a problem on the debut day, perhaps thinking alol teir BETA testing went far enough to catch all the bugs and turds in the technical paths. But there are a LOT of them. I've had both login and streaming problems with both my Chrome browsers on two different computers, all hardwired to my 24mbps+ broadband stream, all cache cleared and computers restarted. Same trouble with MSFT EDGE browser, which says "video not supported" on same two computers. But I can get this forum no problem. Maybe AT&T somehow thinks its new model of web-only support willl work. Heck, even the tech team at DirecTV doesn't even know how to contact anyone at this new service, and a supervisor told me that they have been told specifically to direct any and ALL contacts to the customer's NOW online Help Center, no exceptions! 

Get started...

Ask a new question