Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
scoequyt's profile
scoequyt
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 2:57 PM

NO LOCAL CHANNELS

Hello. New subscriber. No local channels, big 4. All other channels work fine. I've been on chat support last 24 hours, told me last night it was glitch, get up this AM same issue no local channels. Now they are saying 2 days to resolve? I did receive credit, do appreciate that but.......

Guy called me, reset modem twice, said it "should" resolve (terrrible word to use in support) . Can anyone tell me what's really happening? I started subcription on 2/3 and lost my local channels yesterday. Up until then it was awesome! Please any help appreciated. 

Responses

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

haha True, but. The thing about cable was, if you saw a show it would take you an hour to find it in the list to get the DVR to record it, or you could wait until it comes on to record it, anyway the search was very bad. I love the speed of cable DVR, fast quick, hated when resolution would change ie. from 1080 to 720 commericials during ff as you would miss frames etc. Cable you can only record two shows at a time, don't miss that problem no sir. 

Hi def cable you pay extra 10 for service, need special box you pay more for and then hi def channels mostly 720P which is false advertising if you ask me. 

I go to DTVN, holy cow, I get way more channels, all in 1080, I can record many shows at same time (is there a max?), almost every show you can restart (way cool), on demand is easy to find stuff, easy to search, easy to watch on demand (cable box on demand took like 5 minutes to find a show and they had very few). But that day I woke up and locals disappeared it was like what? I'm getting old so I dig the news no, especially with all this great snow up.  What sold me on DTVN is for years I wanted HBO, oh my lord, getting HBO from mama cable co like 200 a month, I cussed and cussed. So reviewed all different stream providers, always overlooked DTVN, then I saw HBO five bucks, yup, that did it. So here I am. To stay. So please fix me! haha

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

as of this AM ISP called me said they were going to try static IP. sigh, for troubleshooting he said yup. ok. I check my IP after getting off the phone, node still states MO location and MN location BUT my locals are working. On PC and Roku! So it has been about 8 days since I let DTVN know of this issue and I believe they said it could take up to a week, it's been that week. Let the ISP know they said they were communicating with IP GEO co too without transparent communication. He said he hadn't done the static IP yet, I said I figured so since it's same IP I had all week. I did reach out to one GEO co too and received an email per my post earlier. 

What's the fix? Internet gods only know. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

Well we are just glad you now have your locals. Now let's see how long that lasts.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

You have a remarkably cooperative ISP. I'd stay with them. 🙂

A static IP is just as subject to geolo errors as a dynamic one. The difference is if you get an IP that works it's more likely to stay that way. 🙂

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for the responses. Is it safe to assume you guys are saying I'll be back here in due time? 🙂 🙂 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

You never know but it will be nice to hear from you again.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

Well Thank you for everything! I heard from a friend that knows a friend said it happened to them too. haha. I'm researching platform and provider just to see for inquiring minds. 

Get started...

Ask a new question