#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 2:57 PM

NO LOCAL CHANNELS

Hello. New subscriber. No local channels, big 4. All other channels work fine. I've been on chat support last 24 hours, told me last night it was glitch, get up this AM same issue no local channels. Now they are saying 2 days to resolve? I did receive credit, do appreciate that but.......

Guy called me, reset modem twice, said it "should" resolve (terrrible word to use in support) . Can anyone tell me what's really happening? I started subcription on 2/3 and lost my local channels yesterday. Up until then it was awesome! Please any help appreciated. 

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Neustar is the one reporting my location wrong, so that would seem right.

Locals were fine up till last Thursday though.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

Get on chat again and demand to "speak" to someone in advanced resolutions. This issue has nothing to do with the modem. It happened to us and I was contanly on chat support until I found someone who actually knew how to help. 

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 y ago

Nobody here knows what vendor DTVN uses for geolocation. I know they used MaxMind at one point, but I think that changed about the time 2.0 was released.

As @bcbsncjlj said, it's been reported they are now using Neustar but there has been no confirmation of that.

There is also no way to know if they are using only a single vendor.

They probably don't want their subscribers harassing the vendors about gelo issues.

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 y ago

Good afternoon, I have no way of checking Neustar, just the one I found through iplocation.net.

re online chat support I've been contacting them for days, since 2/14.  If I ask to talk they call. Same thing over, rinse repeat. Been escalated to technical team etc etc or blah blah blah depending on your demeanor.

Outsourced call centers are the worst. chuckle. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Check Neustar here: https://www.security.neustar/resources/tools/ip-geolocation-lookup-tool

Scroll down to search and put in your Public IP.

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 y ago

ISP is working on it. They are aware of the situation. They did state a static IP maybe necessary. Keep you posted. IP still same today, same issue. Came to found out tickets opened and closed, escalated to management etc, working with someone on it. He did state he was aware of the IP geolocation companies, but they can be timely to update their databases.

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 y ago

Check Neustar here: https://www.security.neustar/resources/tools/ip-geolocation-lookup-tool

Traces back to another location, at least it's in my state. City it says I'm in, IP is 42 miles away from me. 

Thank you for the link!

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 y ago

Local station watch report, negative, nothing. Called tech support in frustration as a manager was to call me today and he didn't. Asked how much static IP is he said we don't have those I said you serve businesses right? If they have a server they have a static IP, anyway long story short, I've have had no progress and it's really starting to get under my skin as I'm realizing most of my content is on the big 4 and other than that it's just plain annoying. I can record my shows yes, but a pain. 

Option 1 drop ISP get a new one pray it works doesn't have same issue. I've been with ISP 10 years, I still use email from that account 10 years ago, that's the only thing holding me. 

Option 2 get cable back. I'd rather shoot my big toe.10 years of price jacking, no more. 

Option 3 drop Direct TV Now and don't watch TV anymore, drop cable modem, go back to dial up. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

2 y ago

Please don't get a static address ever! You are still at the mercy of the geolocations service miss-identifying you. Geolocation is not highly reliable anyways. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 y ago

I agree totally. Do not get a static IP, which generally means a business account.

You should not need it.

There is no guarantee it will work.

Even if it works there is no guarantee it will continue to do so.

It would cost money.

Remember your ISP contracted to provide you with internet service. They have not contracted to provide third-parties with your location.

The solution is for DTVN to put through a correction with their geolocation vendor.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

2 y ago

The thing is he is getting the locals on his TV with a fire stick. Also want him to verify location is on on his laptop. No VPN we hope.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 y ago

I have a Roku not firestick. I do not get locals on the Roku TV. 

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 y ago

No no no I don't want a static IP. No ISP is going to give one to a consumer free. Waste of space. They are publicly registered right? I won't pay for one no way. 

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 y ago

Heated up the ole chat box with support, spoke to Alfredo (he made me hungry) he said they working with ISP on issue. 18 times I asked if he know my ISP he didn't say, however I think ATT owns a lot of these pipes ISP is renting? He said 2 weeks to get it all updated. I'll wait another week. I was given another credit. I must say they are really good about that, and they email you to prove it. Very cool in that regard. Onward I march. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

2 y ago

Amazing how they can keep you hanging on - give you a little but take a little more from you.

Get started...

Ask a new question