Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
scoequyt's profile
scoequyt
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 2:57 PM

NO LOCAL CHANNELS

Hello. New subscriber. No local channels, big 4. All other channels work fine. I've been on chat support last 24 hours, told me last night it was glitch, get up this AM same issue no local channels. Now they are saying 2 days to resolve? I did receive credit, do appreciate that but.......

Guy called me, reset modem twice, said it "should" resolve (terrrible word to use in support) . Can anyone tell me what's really happening? I started subcription on 2/3 and lost my local channels yesterday. Up until then it was awesome! Please any help appreciated. 

Responses

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

Try pressing the FF key while watching a DVR recording or VOD program. If it behaves like the Harmony you will be able to see video as you shuttle.

One complaint I have about the Apple remote is it's too easy to pick it up upside down. No indication of up or down in its shape.

And I want buttons, "swipe" is something you get arrested for. 🙂

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

We use direct tv now and had the same issue. No local channels. We were getting Orlando when we should have been getting Tampa. I contacted support numerous times, before I got someone that knew what they doing. Don't let them try to tell you that it is your modem and it has something to do with your IP address because it does not keep contacting them until you get the right answer there is a fix and it took a couple weeks but we finally have our local channels

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Using 255 as the last octet is typically BAD.

But depending on the subnet mask may be appropriate.

Fer' instance the 10.0.0.0 IP network with a mask of 255.0.0.0 will have a plethora (~65,025) of 10.xxx.xxx.255's in it. The broadcast address in the afore mentioned example would be 10.255.255.255 and should not be assigned to a host unless none of the hosts utilize broadcast which would be VERY rare.

Really depends on how their network is configured..

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

Does the Harmony (remote?) work to fast forward on other boxes to see the video while fast forwarding? If so which ones? 

I will not switch to an apple product, I refuse to give them my cc for a free service. 

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

Nope only works for an ATV.

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

So ATV is the way to roll? I can buy a new TV with streaming for that price. 😞

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

'i want pay the price of the ATV4. Happy with Fire Sticks and Roku. Serve me well.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

Granted, Apple gear is insanely overpriced.

I wouldn't buy an ATV just for DTVN. It runs acceptably on my Rokus and Fire devices, but not being able to see video while shuttling is almost as nuts as the ATV prices.

I already had the ATVs, and stumbled into the FF situation by accident.

Biggest plus IMHO is the ATV4K is just so much faster than other devices. I can sometimes be watching a DTVN stream in less than 5 seconds from starting the app, and channel changes are (usually) just 2 or 3 seconds.

IMHO a Roku or a Fire(stick) is a more general streaming device. Apple's policies for the app store preclude what are to me some very interesting (and legal) channels. If you have only an ATV you miss out on a lot.

Humorously, the only service I have ever had problems with on an ATV is Apple's own iTunes. Everything else works fine. 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

This is happening to me now!  Had Tampa locals (which I should), but then one day had Orlando, and it hasn't changed since.  Reached out to DTVN on Twitter and still not fixed.:(

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

Do you get the correct channels using your mobile device (phone)?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, of course, cause my phone uses GPS not GeoIP.

My ISP IP hasn't changed.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

So since you receive the wrong locals then you have just been miss-identified and delivered the wrong locals. Geolocation is far from perfect. Well its up to DTVN to resolve it so you will need to go back thru them to contact the services and update your location.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Trying to get the right person that knows how to fix it, is the issue! 😞

scoequyt

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

I emailed DB-IP  

They responded expeditiously. response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your report has been handed to our db team, after it is confirmed it could take a few days before the change is pushed to our public databases and services.

Best regards,
Vincent

My ISP asked me today to ask DTVN which database they use, no answer on that yet. I assume it's the one I emailed as it's reporting wrong location. We will see.

------>an ex it guy who's bored. with time. on a mission. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

It's been reported that DTVN uses Neustar. I do not know if that is correct or not. I have asked in the past and they refused to disclose.

Get started...

Ask a new question