Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
L

• 

8 Messages

Sat, Jun 27, 2020 3:58 PM

No internet connection to tv

I’ve replaced my modem and moved it closer to the tv but tv still says no internet connection (yet my laptop and other devices work fine). 

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

a month ago

Is your TV connecting to internet using WiFi, or cabled ethernet? If WiFi, go through the TV network setup and select the network name found on the label on the side of your gateway. The password is also found on the label. If ethernet, make sure you have an ethernet cable connected between one of the yellow jacks on the back of the gateway and the TV's ethernet jack.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

@davemize thanks!!   Yes, I’m connected via wifi.  I’ve had so many people from Tech Support assure me that whatever they tell me to do (reboot, change the name of the WiFi connection, replace the modem) will correct the problem. Nope and I’m paying for inconsistent service for weeks now.  Very frustrating to say the least. 

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

a month ago

You never mention if you were able to restore your connection?...

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

My internet is working and connected but not communicating consistently with the TVs. No flying monkeys, please 

• 

8 Messages

Inconsistently

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

a month ago

Ok, did you attempt the steps to connect your TV to WiFi that I gave in my first post?

Holding back the flying monkeys ;>)

• 

8 Messages

Yes, it says I’m connected. 

• 

8 Messages

Should I reinstall ? 

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

a month ago

What are you trying to do on your TV that's prompting the 'no internet connection' message?

• 

8 Messages

I’m watching and all of a sudden it says ‘no internet connection’ ☹️

lydian

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

In your router, turning IGMP Snooping off or on can improve connectivity in some applications. Also try putting your box out in the open for a stronger signal. 

• 

8 Messages

Found out I need to be hardwired.  So much for wireless ATT 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.2K Messages

If I can avoid it, I prefer not to run WiFi - too many opportunities for problems.  Interference from other devices (or the next door neighbors), something metal between the access point and the device, weird signal reflections - hardwired avoids all that.  (If you have the option...)

Get started...

Ask a new question