AT&T Community Forums
crusaderandrew's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 1:55 PM

No Apple TV App?

Hey,

When I open my Apple TV and go to the app store to search, nothing shows for Directv Now. That's my problem.

EDIT: After my original post, I learned you can download the app on your iphone and then go into purchased in your apple tv to find it. Extra work. Just make it available in the apple tv app store so I dont have to run around to make it happen.

Thanks.

Responses

Relics

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

4 y ago

Use the following to get the iOS App & AppleTV App

Install iOS App Using The Direct Link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/directv-now/id1136238277?mt=8

Install the app using the direct link until Apple's App Store index's the new app and it appears in search.

To get it on Apple TV, use the steps below once you have it installed on an iOS device like an iPhone / iPad.

1. Open the AppleTV App Store

2. Go to "Purchased" at the top of the store.

3. Choose "DirecTV Now" and "Get"

That should get it on your device. If you downloaded it to your iOS and have auto App download turned on for the AppleTV, it should also be already download to your AppleTV, but this is a work around until search is working for those that don't have an iOS device.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 y ago

These solutions are not working for me. This is an epic and inexcusable fail for a service that is based on streaming. 

Relics

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

4 y ago

Can you be a little more specific. If you open that link on a iOS device, it should take you straight to the app in the App Store or if you open on a Mac / PC, it should take you to it in iTunes where you can "Get" it from there.

Once you have it, to get it on the AppleTV, just grab it from the "Purchased" tab in the AppleTV App Store. 

If you're having problems, please explain what the issue your having is and someone might be able to help you out.

Get started...

Ask a new question