Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Apr 22, 2019 3:35 PM

NBC app

Why do I get this message on nbc and cannot watch nbc content....

sorry your tv provider has discontinued access to NBC on this device

Responses

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

a year ago

The app page still shows you should be able to use NBC:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222524?gsi=6paxq3

There have been some problems with app authentication of late, if it's still not working you need to contact support:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222548?gsi=6pbcrx

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

a year ago

It must be a contract issue between DTVN and your local affiliate. NBC live works fine for me viewing my local affiliate and DTVN credentials. You may want to contact your station and inquire.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User
ATTHelp

Administrator

• 

111.7K Messages

a year ago

We want to prevent you from enduring any extended NBC blackout and continue to work toward a new agreement. We appreciate your patience, and we strive to deliver the content you want at a value that also makes sense to you.

You can watch all of the same shows for free over the air and often via each network’s website or mobile app.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

a year ago

He *might* be able to watch those shows off-air (I have no idea what his reception situation might be).

Even so, he loses the convenience of having the channel on the guide, loses the ability to DVR the programs as well as losing the ability to rapidly change to and from that station.

But I find it hilarious that DTVN is now suggesting antennas as a workaround for their failings. 🙂

• 

1 Message

a month ago

We have the NBC app on our Amazon Fire Stick and it's the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen, have the time it doesn't work, the other half it spends the day buffering. And when it does decide to work it puts the caption at the bottom of the screen and you can't get it to shut off. Right now it has been sitting here buffering for 45 minutes.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

So what does the NBC app have to do with the NOW service? It's outside of the service. Contact NBC for your issue.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…