Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jun 28, 2019 9:43 PM

My audio is out of sync on FoxNews only!

I use the Amazon TV Fire Stick and the DirecTVNow app to get FoxNews.  Sunday this past week FoxNews started having about a 3 sec delay in audio. I have rebooted the Fire Stick, changed cables, changed power sources and nothing is working.  And again the sync problem is only noticeable on Fox News Network.

Responses

piglet12

Guru

• 

720 Messages

a year ago

Is the resolution changing, thus causing the out-of-sync problem?

If you go to Settings and then back again, does that fix the problem ... at least temporarily?

I never used the fire stick, but if others are having the same problem using it, perhaps they found a solution to this problem.

#Fire Sale

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I have the exact same issue on all my appletv devices for Fox News only. Been happening for about two weeks now.

piglet12

Guru

• 

720 Messages

a year ago

Fox News Channel seems to have more audio problems than any other channel, regardless of the service used. Whenever there are app, digital box, streaming device updates, etc., various services begin to have problems with the audio. Video problems can also occur, but those audio problems are endless.

The first thing that I would do is to go into the settings for the device you are using and start fooling around with the audio settings to see if you can get rid of the out-of-sync issue. Although it's likely that some kind of app update will eventually fix the problem, if you can fix it now, why wait?

Recently, with Cox, Fios, Spectrum boxes (Samsung, Roku TVs), subscribers from all over the USA (but apparently not DTV) were only getting sound from FOX News when the commercials came on. Somebody later realized that their Fios One box had been mysteriously changed to SAP, just for FOX News, so once that was changed back to regular mode, the sound for the Fox News shows came back. All the other subscribers from Spectrum, etc. then noticed the same thing, and once they switched back to the regular mode, they also got the full sound back.

In another case, one person with a Samsung TV added external speakers to the TV set and then noticed that there was an out-of-sync audio issue with FOX News. The TV speaker volume was set to zero, but once the TV speakers were then set to MUTE, the out-of-sync issue with Fox News went away.

Bottom Line: The Fox News Channel is difficult to tame. If you still can't fix the audio problems, instead of the chat, it might be best to use Facebook or Twitter to get others with the same problem to speak up. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Changing the settings isn’t going to help one channel. Troubleshooting tells you it’s on directv’s end, not our end. Otherwise it would be system wide. 

Additionally, for thoroughness, the audio settings were adjusted everywhere possible to see if it could help. It did not. Reporting here so Directv can fix their side.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I am having the same problem on BOTH Amazon FireStick AND Roku! Have tried many other Apps and do not have the problem...  My guess is that this is a Fox News Server issue!

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

Not seeing the issue here using Roku and Fire stick. Watching "Outnumbered" and everything seems to be in sync.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

I have the same problem here in Scottsdale with foxtv network...ch 10....all other channels are fine.   I have cox cable and have tried everything but cannot watch fox network as too distracting

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question