Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
C
chriggsiii

• 

143 Messages

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 11:53 PM

Missing Video Thumbnails when fast forwarding/rewind on Roku

I'm having problems fast forwarding and rewinding on some recordings on the Roku App.  The thumbnails are not showing up.  I don't know whether it's a record or a playback problem.

So far the following channels will not show thumbnails during DVR recordings:  ABC (WABC 7, NYC), CBS(WCBS 2, NYC), NBC (WNBC 4, NYC), Comedy Central and TCM.  

All of my other DVR recordings are operating normally.  They include recordings made from CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and SyFy.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this?

This is an extremely recent problem, by the way.  As of the 27th, this problem was NOT occurring.  I know because there were specific recordings of movies that I had made from TCM, for example, where I was able to fast forward/rewind to specific scenes I wanted to watch, so they were definitely working last month.

Responses

chriggsiii

• 

143 Messages

2 months ago

I am very happy to report that this problem, at least on my end, has been fixed!

It took several reports. My first report simply resulted in the usual "we'll make a note of it."

The second report, a day later, same thing.

The third report, a day later, on the other hand, resulted in a LOT of action, for some reason.

I was immediately handed off to a second person, who immediately handed me off to a third person, who immediately handed me off to a fourth person. Mind you, no handoffs at all occurred in my first two reports.

At first, this fourth person, who called himself Shane (keep in mind that a lot of these customer support folks are told to use fake Anglo names if they are not located in America, to avoid (Edited per community guidelines) and cultural bigotry), had me do the usual stuff, i.e. uninstall the app, disconnect the Roku from the TV, reconnect, re-install, etc. etc., none of which did any good at all, of course.

Then he put me on "hold" for a LO-O-O-O-O-O-N-N-N-N-N-N-G-G-G-G-G-G-G time, easily fifteen minutes.

When he came back he said it was a problem at their end (gee, you think???), and that it was a server communication problem which would be fixed in hours. He concluded by giving me a $10 credit on my account, which he said would show up in an hour or so!

Well, 12 hours later, it's been fixed!

Just checked my account and I see $10 has been knocked off of my bill for next month!

Not bad!

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question