Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, May 15, 2018 11:37 PM

Locked out after upgrade

After updating app on Apple TV I can’t access account.  

Error code205.16

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue, no resolution 😞

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

3 years ago

Lot of possible solution been offered in the forum - use the search.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have been unable to login to DirecTV Now since i updated the app only iPad on 5/15/18. I have foolishly spent a total of six plus hours total waiting for a chat rep to help. I’ve begun to believe there are no chat reps. It has been two days and I have no access to a service which I am paying for, and DirecTV Now has zeto interest in its customers because they provide no “customer service” options other than sporadic chat coverage which takes hours to get into. Just awful.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

As others here have posted, the solution for me tonight was for creating a new ID after logging in from a Computer and then then going to my profile. Once this was done I was taken to a new AT&T Page.  I then when to my Apple TV and used this new ID with the same password and was right in. This was within a minute of changing the ID on the computer.

I chatted with support after waiting about 30 minutes and was told that i could change my ID back, but i am holding off on that for now 🙂

Thanks to all here for the help!

Dan

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

There are no instructions when I log in there!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The app updated and sent me to AT&T for login and since then I can’t login on any device or on the directvnow website.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

After 4 hours of Chat -  on 4 different occasions and talking to a higher up actually  - Easiest solution after all of this frustration.  Created a new account from the Free trial offer through Att.  The rep cancelled my old subscription and credited my account for the hardship.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

After 4 hours of Chat -  on 4 different occasions and talking to a higher up actually  - Easiest solution after all of this frustration.  Created a new account from the Free trial offer through Att.  The rep cancelled my old subscription and credited my account for the hardship.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I've got the same issue here!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Me also. I can watch on demand but not live tv. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I can’t watch live tv. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

5B888629-E3FD-49B1-8176-DEEB9C89EEE6.png

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Thanks @DarkSkye. Also, if you need help signing into your account, please follow the steps here.

For the chromecast issue, we are aware of the problem and are actively investigating it. I apologize about the inconveniences.

-ATTCare

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same issue.  iPhone works great but Apple TV keeps saying I am logging in wrong.  Already reset the Password and deleted the app and reinstalled it

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I updated my ID and also changed passwords. This did not fix the issues. I can still access the old app via my old iPad and everything works on on that one. There is an issue with the new app. 

Get started...

Ask a new question