Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, May 15, 2018 11:37 PM

Locked out after upgrade

After updating app on Apple TV I can’t access account.  

Error code205.16

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Okay what you need to do to fix the issue. This is how I fixed mine.

1. I went to the link that was displayed after the unsuccessful log in on the apple TV.

2. Logged in again using the same ID and password

3. This takes you to an AT&T page

4. You will see a create new ID just below the page saying request password or username.

5. Click on the create new ID page.

6. Create a new user ID and password and then go back to the Apple TV and log in again with the new user ID and password. That should work.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

2.4K Messages

2 years ago

For login and sign-in issues with the new TV experience, first make sure you’re using the correct Access ID, follow the steps in Forgot Password.

Done that? But, get an invalid ID error – you can login to att.com but not directvnow.com with the same Access ID & Password. For this you need to Change your Access ID.

If you’re having any of the issues below, reach out to our team to look into your account specifically:

• I have other AT&T Services that use the same e-mail?
  • I login and only seeing HBO, I only see my plan without my HBO, or I don’t see any channels at all?
  • I normally have all channels but I’m not seeing any of them. I’m using the DIRECTV NOW e-mail I’ve always used?

-DIRECTVNOWCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

KesmaiMaster

Professor

• 

862 Messages

2 years ago

Get on a computer or phone or tablet and go to https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/sign-in and sign in, it may ask you to create an access id, if it does then create the id and log in. You will have to use this id across every platform(the old user id and password will not work.)

If you still cannot log in on any particular device then uninstall the directvnow app, reinstall it and sign back in.

•••End ▪ Post•••

*Please take a moment to make a post if you have solved a problem, it helps a lot of people.

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

If you can’t load new app on your iPhone or iPad on new app change your
password. Then log on again. It will then prompt you to enter your att
username and that password and then the app will work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My Direct Tv now is working on my phone but not on my apple Tv, the channel that are on my package are unavailable, i tried to sign out of my cell phone but still not working

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

2 years ago

Has this just occurred? Has the ATV ever worked with the DTVN app? Are Live channels working? onDemand?

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

If you are referring to local channels, make sure you have enabled location services for the DTVN app on your ATV, otherwise things will revert to very inaccurate geolocation for your location, and you may not get the proper locals.

But if you mean non-local channels this is not the issue.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Since new update can’t view any channel!  Error Code: 30001-015

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

Contact chat for support. Nothing any of us can do.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  I've gone to directvnow.com/accounts/sign-in as directed, can access the new version on my iPhone and Mac, but continue to hit this "one-time only" message.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I contacted tech support thru chat.  It is a technical issue that the technical team is aware of and I’m told will have it fixed within a few hours

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

Hope it all works out.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I chatted with CS and they had me try to uninsall the app, unplug Apple TV for 2 mins, then reinstall. It didn't work. He said that they have a ticket open with Apple. It sounds like maybe a compatibility issue with Apple TV. He said they hope 24 hours for resolution, so we'll see! In the meantime if you have other devices that didn't get the upgrade you can use those, otherwise maybe a laptop plugged into HDMI? Figured I'd update so everyone doesn't have to sit on chat for 10 mins 🙂 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Two of my apple TVs are stuck on this, one is working. Tried restarting Apple TV and reinstalling the app. Waited for Customer Service person from my phone but my phone went to sleep  before the 17 minute hold time.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

For others that might see this, the one Apple TV that still works has a black icon, the two that don't work have a new white icon.The two white ones are also prompting for location services for on demand.