Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Oct 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Location Error

I'm getting, "We couldn't figure out your location, which is required for streaming this program. Please try again", on all my devices.

I've restarted (devices as well as DirecTV Now), cleared out cookies, history, and checked that location services is enabled multiple times, but I'm still getting the error. Maybe I need an account reset, I had a similar problem several months ago and a reset got everything back on track. Are there any other suggestions or should I just contact customer service? 

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

2 years ago

What device are you using

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I'm using a Chrome Laptop, an android phone and a Kindle Fire.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

2 years ago

The fire should have a setting for location services but your laptop would use your IP address for location.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Like I said in my original post, I have all my location settings on and working right on all my devices. It's clear the problem is with the Directv Now app since I'm not getting any other requests for location from any other apps. And the same error on three different devices at the same time. There was an update on the app this morning and since it was working fine last night I'm guessing it was the update that caused this problem. Guess I will have to contact support to address this issue. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

2 years ago

Maybe try delete the app then reinstalling before contacting support.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I was thinking of doing that. Okay, I will try that first and see.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Well, that didn't work. However I kept turning on and off location service on my android phone and then reload the app and it's working now. Trying that on my other devices, so far nothing. Will keep trying.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

2 years ago

That's probably the best course. I am sure support would offer the same remedy.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I ended up contacting support and resetting didn't work. They said it might be a temporary glitch to just wait it out. So that's what I will do. Thanks for your help.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

2 years ago

Anytime. We try here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

DIRECTV NOW 2.0.13.01184 is the last stable apk. The last two updates are full of bugs.

lydian

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

2 years ago

I got 2.0.13.03271 on Oct 3.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I use apk export and make a back up before I update. That way I can go back to the old one if it is buggy and doesn't work for me. On Note 8 by the way. Using 2.0.13.03270 at the moment which is the one just before 2.0.13.03271.