Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Oct 2, 2017 3:32 PM

Local channels missing

My local channels that we were streaming through our Roku have disappeared. Customer Service Chat said my internet provider zip does not match my billing zip. Upon taking with my internet service provider that is not accurate. I can "hot spot" with my phone but can not stream through my internet? Why was I able to yesterday?

Responses

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Last week I had nbc and nbc sports bay area. Last night they were not available. I talked in the chat room and they said they would be working on it. Today not only are those stations gone I now do not have ABC, CBS, NBC or HBO. Can any one tell me what is happening. The chat is busy and I can't find a phone number

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

It’s been 3 days since I had any of my locals. Zero resolution from the chat room other than for them to tell me I needed to call my ISP and ask for a static IP address, at a cost to me. This is the second time this has happened in just a few months.

rkrichter

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

do people even use the search function on this forum? there are hundreds of posts on this topic, especially recently. there is an issue with DTVN finding your local area because it's pinpointing you nearby, but outside of your local area. i believe it has to do with the way these devices, not DTVN, find your location – using your ip address. if you open the app on your smartphone you will probably get your local channels because smartphones use geolocations to find your location, a much more accurate way of doing it. there really is no fix aside from calling your internet service provider and making sure you have an ip address in your area. however, people are reporting back that they have done that and are told by their ISP that the problem is not on their end. there is no phone number to call. the only way to reach out to DTVN is to chat, and they don't seem to have an answer other than telling you to talk to your ISP. so in short, there really is no fix right now and the blame is being passed around. you could try unplugging your router and plugging it back in to see if that does anything for you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This helped us get our local stations back on DirectTV Now using our ROKU streaming stick.Reset your modem.Turn it off a minute, then back on.It has something to do with IP address changing every so often. Good Luck

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just signed up to try out DIRECTV NOW to compare it with AT&T U-Verse. The only local channels I get are the ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC affiliates. On U-Verse I get PBS and three others. I was told they are working on the problem. I don't know if it is zip code related or not.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

It's not a problem. None of the streaming services have PBS. You could use the PBS app if you wanted it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I was having the same problem,  I could not get local channels on my Roku but could on computer.  I pulled up the local channel on my computer and reset my Roku, it started working....  

Get started...

Ask a new question