Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
islaguam96915

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 3:17 PM

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I am not getting local chanels I am suppose to be getting NYC area local channels

Responses

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I signed up today and i thought when you signed up we where suppose to get the local channels or on-demand ones. cant find them on my guide, but when i get on my computer they are there. ummm. anyone else have this issue

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

They are hiding behind the usual excuses for not providing local channels. I live just outside Portland OR and they are not providing local coverage here either.

As much as there are good aspects to this service I'm finding way too may bullsh*t technicalities where they aren't living up to the hype.

One great exapmple is their HBO service. I signed up for it but it doesnt even provide all the episodes of currently runing series. Westworld is on episode 9 but this service only has four episodes available. 

bobbyb0322

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

You won't find the on demand content in the guide. You will have to find it on the home screen. If you go to "networks" you can find ABC, Fox, and NBC. From there you can find the individual shows. They don't show up in the guide because the guide shows Live content. So shows here in theory should show up the day after they air much like Hulu. CBS, as they mentioned, is not available yet.

Rocky360

Scholar

• 

43 Messages

4 years ago

All the shows for on demand are weeks old and missing episodes

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Go here: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/attLocalChannels.jsp?assetId=att_cms_local_channels

And join the disappointed masses who expected local channels on this service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I can't access local Chicago live streams of ABC FOX NBC. I signed up with zip 60606 in Chicago and am using Chrome on Win7

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Why can i not see any of the local network stations in the guide?  I know CBS is not under contract, but according to what I've read, ABC, FOX, AND NBC should be available...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Anyone knows what's the ETA to have local channels in Seattle?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

I live in San Mateo. I entered my zip code in http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/attLocalChannels.jsp and I should be able to receive San Francisco local channels live stream.  I can see only VODs, no live stream on Amazon Fire. Can see locals on Desktop.

Not fixed for me either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I did the zip code search after I signed up already. No local channels in Vegas or Henderson NV?!?!?
Wow!!! Big deal breaker. ATT strikes again!
I'll be cancelling as this is now useless to my household.
So much for cutting the overpriced tether. Seemed like a good idea... in theory.
What say you ATT/Direct TV?
When will this be a non issue on Apple TV?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, many people are going to go back to Vue or Sling because of these issues. I live in the far northern fringe of the NYC broadcast area an a regular antenna is not going to work because the complex owner don't allow them anyway! Vue gave me local channels and I'm more worried about that then some dumb Viacom channels! I really thought that Directv Now was going to be different....Well, back to the Vue. Like the man said on Full Metal Jacket. "Work on it!" Who signed off on this Mickey Mouse B. S...,.....
Spankey00

Scholar

• 

137 Messages

4 years ago

I agree. This situation with NBC makes it seem as the initial press releases were deceitful. Hopefully this is just a temporary situation but some clarification would go a long way. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

This is how I have to access CSN on the web since it doesn't show in my network list.  The CSN channel shows blank on my Apple TV guide, but atleast it shows.

dtv1.png

ccigas

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

So why can't we watch NBC on any streaming device like the FireTV? When would this be available? I find it ridiculous that this was not known before this came out. Not having CBS is one thing but limiting a channel to only phone streaming is horrible in my eyes especially when NBCSN is available on all devices. 

To make it worse we can't sign in on to the NBC family of apps to watch anywhere or even on the same devices as DirecTV Now. 

When will we be able to watch NBC on all devices? This needs to be added or my $105 pre pay is worthless.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I signed up for Direct TV Now & noticed that neither NBC or ABC streams live. Why not? And how about our local NBC & ABC affiliate??

not worth it if we can can't get these stations....

Get started...

Ask a new question