AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
islaguam96915

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 3:17 PM

I don't see locals NBC, ABC or FOX is anyone else having this problem?

I am not getting local chanels I am suppose to be getting NYC area local channels

Responses

UpEarly

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

3 years ago

Never ask dtvn for help.
You just have to go with what they give you and figure it out yourself
joesixpak

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

balderdash

NOT SOLVED

web site says should get them

you wont tell me how to actually get them

they are not there in spite of your web site saying my zip code has them

but i dont have them 

UpEarly

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

3 years ago

Don't even bother asking for help.
You get what you get.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

This is {edited for word filter evasion}. I live in 32086 and you, att, keep putting me in 32080 so I can't get what I paid for. Fix it. 

rkrichter

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

this is just a user community forum. no employees here. so we aren't putting you anywhere and we can't fix it. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I agree. Even complaining for 3 months. No fix. But they want me to renew. Nope.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I agree. A waste of space.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I just finally updated my billing address to be the wrong one that they have and now I get local ABC, NBC and FOX FROM ORLANDO which is 100 miles away.  What a cluster

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also unable to access the local channels.  Before the app was updated I had access to all the networks - abc, cbs, nbc and fox.  They were local channels out of Atlanta.  With this new version this acces is now gone.  Why?  I live 150 miles south of Atlanta.  What has changed? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I can't get my local channels since the directtv update/revamping today - 6/5/18. What's up?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

NOt solved....  DirecTV app  can  be downloaded and logged into.  Then  throws an info message that  the app is not ready and needs a few more tweaks.  

After 2 years of owning DirecTV ATT can't  handle simple streaming redirect in the App they'd busted to control their content.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am a customer and network administrator for a rural telephone operator (Tenino and Kalama Telephone Company) and ISP (Scatter Creek Infonet) that serves customers that are in two different designated market areas (DMA), Portland, OR and Seattle, WA.  Our registered ARIN block is 216.128.96.0/20 but has the City and Zip for Kalama, WA.  We currently split that block across both companies with 216.128.96.0/21 serving Kalama, WA (Portland DMA) and 216.128.104.0/21 serving Tenino, WA (Seattle DMA).  We've had many customers from our Tenino serving area complain to us about not getting the Seattle local channels since the DirecTVNow update.  Is there any way to get the IP geolocation data in your database updated to give our Tenino customers the right local channels of the Seattle market?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

No one from DTVN support is going to read that request since this is just a customer based forum. Like everyone else you can voice your request using the chat to a rep. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Wow...  Just when you thought AT&T couldn't possibly SCREW up DirecTV ANYMORE than they already had...

After our entire family, being loyal to DirecTV for years, pays into the company we loved for their consistently great service and customer relations for years, AT&T comes along and screws us for being in the very industry that makes your money-grubbing possible?!

We live one place - our "billing zip code."  But being in the film and TV industryindustry, ourour viewing zip codes vary.   And now you'reyou're  telling me while I happen to be laidlaid up post-op at mymy sister's  a totally different zip code, I don't get toto watch Master Chef?!?! 

ARE  YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME ! 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

2 years ago

@brianvm - I don't believe they maintain any sort of geolocation database.  They contract out geolocation services (likely to MaxMind).  You may be able to contact them and give them the splits and locations.

@Crooked - this has nothing to do with DirecTV, which is an unrelated service (and apparently unrelated division of ATT) from DirecTV Now.  And I don't think they particularly care about the various zip codes - they care about the physical location that either the device reports about itself (which is normally pretty accurate) or the location the geolocation firms estimate from their attempts to dynamically localize the IP address for devices that don't report their own locations.  If anything, this is because the TV (broadcast) industry demands that they don't carry out of market stations into a market.  DTVN has recently changed their handling so they (apparently) no longer care about billing zip but just reported physical location, but if you are using a device that doesn't have location services, then you are subject to whatever the relatively unreliable geolocation industry reports for it.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question