Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Mar 27, 2018 2:41 AM

How to get DirecTVNow on a Visio TV

How can I get the DirecTV Now app on my Vizio TV?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

7.5K Messages

2 years ago

To make that a bit clearer: There is no "native" support (app) for Vizio TVs.  You can get DirecTV Now on a Vizio TV the same way you get it on any other unsupported TV - you use a supported streaming device (the aforementioned Roku, Fire, or Apple TV) connected to one of the Vizio TV's HDMI ports.  (Some?) recent Vizio TVs also have Chromecast capability built in, so if you have one of those, you can cast to the TV from the DirecTV Now app running on a mobile device.  (I'm not a big fan of casting, so I personally would go with the outboard device approach.)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

You cant its not a supported device.

You will have to use a Roku, Apple TV or Fire TV.

Check here for supported devices https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/212447843

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, that makes it much clearer!
beatfan4

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

2 years ago

casting to my google fiber tv or through chromecast is very slow