AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
lmolter54

Scholar

• 

182 Messages

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 6:44 PM

How many streams on MAX plan?

I know this has probably been asked and answered, but it's unclear from the main web page. I have a grandfathered plan right now and I pay for an extra stream. I'm thinking of switching to the MAX plan so I can get more DVR time and HBO; however, I can't find a definitive answer on the number of free streams.

Oh, I just thought of this -- if I switch do I really get the 500 hours of DVR, or, since I'm not really a new customer, am I saddled with 20 hours?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

a month ago

As far as I know, it doesn't matter if you were a previous customer - the "current" AT&T TV Now plans all provide 3 streams and the 500 hour DVR.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lmolter54

Scholar

• 

182 Messages

a month ago

Ok. I'm going to wait until the MLB playoffs start because I am paranoid that the local Fox Sports channel will *somehow* be dropped. I have it now with my 'Just Right' (or whatever I've got) plan and the MAX plan shows Fox Sports Sun for my zipcode; however, if you've read this forum long enough, as you have @Jrandomuser , you know that people report strange things happening when they switch. I can wait a week. 

(edited)

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

a month ago

FWIW, for baseball on FS regionals, I can confirm that the "automatically extending" recording feature works.  (That is, I've recorded baseball games showing on my local FS RSN, and the recording automatically extended as needed to cover the whole game.)  AFAIK, this applies only to RSNs (and maybe only FS RSNs), and I've only tried it with baseball.  Also, I don't think that there's any magic that makes a scheduled recording of whatever followed something that ran over work correctly.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question