Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 9:11 PM

How do I get DIRECTV app and Amazon fire stick remote replacement?

My Amazon Fire TV Stick remote is damaged and I want to replace it and also unable to download DIRECTV application on my fire stick.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

11 months ago

If you mean you were unable to download the DTVN app with a working remote, it may mean you have an older first generation stick, which is not supported.

Depending on your TV set, you may be able to control your Firestick using your TV set's remote using HDMI-CEC. I do this with a Vizio set and it works well, I never use the Fire remote, with or without Alexa.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

11 months ago

Contact Amazon for a replacement. Even eBay offers replacements. Until then, you can download the remote app from Amazon. Why can you npt download the app?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

First of all, you need to check that which generation Amazon Fire TV Stick device you are using and it must be compatible with DIRECTV app. You require to log in to your Amazon account and select the version of your fire stick and select the DIRECTV app to download. And for Amazon fire stick remote replacement you can contact the Amazon.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

I've actually seen recently that Amazon it coming out with a new remote. It has new buttons for TV power, volume and mute.

I have the old remote with Alexa with the Sideclick attachment programmable remote to control the TV. Best Buy will have both to buy. I like the Sideclick and put one on all my Firestick remotes!