Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, Sep 13, 2016 5:52 PM

Having Trouble with your AT&T TV NOW Stream?

Streaming Device.jpg

A few things can impact your streaming experience and you have the power to fix many of them. Learn what affects your stream and things you can do about it

The speed you need

Heads Up: We recommend testing with one device using a wired connection. This will give you a better idea of your actual speeds. Your speed test should match up with your internet plan.

• Wireless weakens over distance. If your bars are low on your device, improve your Wi-Fi.
  • Not all devices work the same. Test each device one at a time to see if one of them is using more speed that it should. 

Improve the Stream

If connecting wireless, there are several things that can be done to improve the signal, such as:

• Changing the Wireless Channel: If you have AT&T Internet, check out how to change your Wireless Channel for NVG/Motorola and 2Wire/Pace)
  • Removing Environmental Interference: Speakers and other electronics can impact speeds. Take a look at this graphic for more information.
  • Reducing the number of devices: The more devices connected, the slower speeds can be.
  • Updating your plan: Have extra bandwidth to compensate for X-factors (additional devices, streams requiring more bandwidth). If you have AT&T service, log into your account at att.com to see what upgrades are available!

Tips to Speed up your Equipment

• Scan for viruses.
  • Close all programs you are not using.
  • Clear your browser’s cache/cookies.
  • Make sure the Network Adapter is functioning properly (updated drivers).
  • Disable hardware acceleration for older computers/internet devices.
  • Reduce internet device's memory usage to have memory available for streaming.
  • Disable firewalls.

Happy Streaming!!

-ATTCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

The solution is find another internet TV provider like PS Vue and it works great.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

So far, so good!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Don’t kid yourself don’t kid yourself. It’s not our equipment. It’s Directv. This isn’t solved. 

demhinds

Scholar

• 

77 Messages

3 years ago

Has anyone filed a formal complaint with the FCC or anything? I genuinely believe each and every single customer should be entitled to an apology and a full refund for every cent that they've paid for this "service." 

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. They are taking people's money for a service they are apparantly incapable of and unwilling to provide. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T Let’s be real. Everyone who is experiencing problems with streaming your service does not have speed or bandwidth issues. I personally have 1Gb internet service and my wifi speeds are always testing 60mbs or better. I have upgraded all equipment on my network for reliability and to give certain devices (i.e. Fire TV, Fire TV Stick) priority for streaming video) on my wireless network. I have subscriptions to all the following streaming services: Netflix, Directv Now, Amazon Priime, Sling TV, NBC, FOX Now, A&E, AMC, HBO Now, etc... Don't you find it a little bit suspicious that all other streaming services work and run with no errors at all, but your service never runs smoothly. I have read more reports of problems with your service buffering, freezing, or just plan kicking people all the way out, they all say that the other streaming services work flawlessly. I think if AT&T continues down the path of not admitting there is a problem with the App (service) and just continues to ignore it. that eventually there will not be enough subscribers to continue paying the bills for all the channels they offer. This is very sad because you did offer the most channels at the best price, your reliability of keeping your service up and going is just falling very low. I pray that your new service (beta) when released will perform better, but if your support of your current release is of any comparison then I will probably be disappointed. Smiley Sad 

dollyfay

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

It’s AT&T’s problem. Believe me, We were with them in the beginning... they will not take the blame for the issue. It is NOT you! We have ATT FIBER...We had to discontinue the service. They are in DENIAL! Went back to previous streaming service with NO ISSUES! Unbelievable that this is still happening!

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

3 years ago

Interestingly

on New Years Day the one and only programme that came through rock solid was The Rose Bowl Game. The general consesus has been that live content should be less reliable than pre-recorded items. I certainly had the complete opposite experience, at least in this specific content.

Throughout the day we experienced far more blue buffering box than actual programme content across multiple providers and channels. For the first time my Princess actually spent time online, researching our options. This probably means that DTVN is one or two middle of the month updates away from a parting of ways. The DTVN channel package is still compelling, but when it only reliably works 60% of the time the channel advantages start to matter a whole lot less.

Fix it fast, DTVN...

demhinds

Scholar

• 

77 Messages

3 years ago

It really is like an abusive relationship. 

"DirecTV didn't used to be like this, he's just going through a hard time. Things will get better eventually."

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Signed up for PlayStation VUE yesterday and dropped DIRECTV Now...streaming was perfect yesterday, picture was much improved and there's a cloud DVR. Channels and pricing essentially the same.
demhinds

Scholar

• 

77 Messages

3 years ago

Good on you! I he w nothing but good things but I don't have a playstation.. I know there are a couple of other options out there, especially once YouTube TV becomes available on Roku. 

Has anyone experienced Hulu TV? I'm curious as to what that's like. I've heard they don't have an on-screen guide which is a bummer. 

dollyfay

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

You don’t need a PlayStation.
dollyfay

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

Love PSVue! 

jeza66

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

3 years ago

I'm with you on switching to ps vue, can't put up with the buffering dreaded blue rectangle. To bad I really wanted this to work. 

demhinds

Scholar

• 

77 Messages

3 years ago

Whaaaaaa??? Really? 😍😍😍😍 

Is there a classic on-screen guide? I never even bothered looking into it because I figured you had to have their console.. Which makes zero sense now that I think about it. Why limit your customer base like that? 

Off to do some research! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

It doesn’t make any sense. I have a great internet connection -25M- that never goes down. Directvnow rarelly works more than 5 minutes sstraight, while other apps , like Netflix used outside the Roku or Amazon devices, never stop. And i have to unplug this devices every time it happens. I’d like to read something related to that. 

Get started...

Ask a new question