Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, Sep 13, 2016 5:52 PM

Having Trouble with your AT&T TV NOW Stream?

Streaming Device.jpg

A few things can impact your streaming experience and you have the power to fix many of them. Learn what affects your stream and things you can do about it

The speed you need

Heads Up: We recommend testing with one device using a wired connection. This will give you a better idea of your actual speeds. Your speed test should match up with your internet plan.

• Wireless weakens over distance. If your bars are low on your device, improve your Wi-Fi.
  • Not all devices work the same. Test each device one at a time to see if one of them is using more speed that it should. 

Improve the Stream

If connecting wireless, there are several things that can be done to improve the signal, such as:

• Changing the Wireless Channel: If you have AT&T Internet, check out how to change your Wireless Channel for NVG/Motorola and 2Wire/Pace)
  • Removing Environmental Interference: Speakers and other electronics can impact speeds. Take a look at this graphic for more information.
  • Reducing the number of devices: The more devices connected, the slower speeds can be.
  • Updating your plan: Have extra bandwidth to compensate for X-factors (additional devices, streams requiring more bandwidth). If you have AT&T service, log into your account at att.com to see what upgrades are available!

Tips to Speed up your Equipment

• Scan for viruses.
  • Close all programs you are not using.
  • Clear your browser’s cache/cookies.
  • Make sure the Network Adapter is functioning properly (updated drivers).
  • Disable hardware acceleration for older computers/internet devices.
  • Reduce internet device's memory usage to have memory available for streaming.
  • Disable firewalls.

Happy Streaming!!

-ATTCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I had directv now since day one and it buffers all the time especially at night, it's completely useless. I contacted customer service again today via chat, they finally admit that there is a problem but no eta on fix. Here is my chat

You: I'm experiencing major buffering issues with directv now, when is it going to be resolved?
Chris G: Far as I know, we are still working on the issue when it come to the issue with the apple tv and fire stick.
Chris G: Have you view the help.directvnow.com for more help with the issue.
You: Chris, I have excellent wifi speeds of 90Mbs, the wireless router is right next to the fire stick and all other streaming services work perfect
Chris G: I understand the concern, but it is still a known issue and they are working on the problem.
Chris G: Have you try the computer until the fire stick buffering is fix?
Chris G: Please review the term and condition? It will provide the information you need.
You: Any idea when this is going to be fixed?

Chris G: Not sure at this time.
You: It would be helpful if you guys would post online that you know that there is an issue
You: I couldn't even find a CS number to call You: Are you going to send an e-mail out when it is fixed?
Chris G: We have no number to call, have to chat when there is a issue.
Chris G: I don't thing we will send out a email. You will just have to keep trying.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I open a case with DTVNow, case 741220754966184886.  They promissed to escalate; no such, no hear from them. I am experiencing contstant freezing.  I have an Amazon FireTV. Perhaps is just a glitch on that device only.  What about your experienes with AppleTV?  Anybody experiencing freezes w/ AppleTV? "DirectTV Now" is just not ready for prime time. Beware, if you pre pay your 3-months order, they do not refund your money even if you are in the 7-days "trial", just because the 7-days trial period is "added at the end of the 3-months prepaid period."  It is just misleading marketing and I took the bite, unfortunately.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Apple TV is no better. I am constantly getting freeze ups (error QP1502). Can't watch anything reliably on Apple TV nor on Firestick, except that CNBC strems without interruption, which make me conclude that the problem is not in my broadband width, nor in the Apple TV or Firesticks, but rather in what AT&T is streaming out. Very disappointing, considering that I joined DirectvNow on its first day,

theroys88

Guru

• 

513 Messages

4 years ago

Streaming beyond your wildest dreams. Correction-Nightmares

theroys88

Guru

• 

513 Messages

4 years ago

Classic!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the discounted Apple Tv, because that is what I paid for. The streaming service is unwatchable most of the time. When it does work I can't even watch sports on Comcast Sports Net Chicago because it flickers every couple seconds for some reason while other channels work fine (well when they work). Dissapointed so far.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It's a Direct TV problem. If it's not fixed soon, I will be cancelling my service.

LuckyLarry

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

SAme here.  Terrible service.  I got ripped off.  Fix now or I quit

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Up and down and buffering all night long.I have a feeling that this service is doomed to failure.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

My update. Now worse, the service is lying when t freezes. Today it went black wig a message "We are currently in a commercial break. Will resume shortly" something to that extend. In the middle of the program. Not a commercial. Such a bad attempt at faking there's a problem. Wow!

Continues to freeze and give errors. Always seems to be he station we're watching. And different ones at that. Swipe left or right and other channels are fine. Then either pick my channel again from guide but eventually freezes again. Or stays off.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having issues watching on demand content. I've experienced shows restarting several times on their own after playing for a few minutes. Secondly, shows constantly stop to "buffer" at least 15-20 times an episode. I'm sure it's not my connection speed as I have the highest Internet package offered by my provider. What can be done to fix these issues?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am trying to be patient. I think this service could be really great if they make haste to fix these buffering issues. The channel selection is great. The picture quality is great. The price is very reasonable (at the grandfathered $35 rate)... I love everything about directv now except the performance of the service (which is a major issue!) I am holding out that they get the buffering issues resolved. Although I hate paying for a service that is unwatchable a lot of the time, I am hoping each day that they resolve this issue very soon. If they do, I believe that Directv Now will be the #1 streaming live TV service in the country, hands down.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Well I am sure glad to see here that I am not the only one having issues.  Unless this is fixed after my 3 months, I'm out!

kulflyer

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

4 years ago

I'm thinking they know what the issue is and what the fix it but is waiting until March/April before implementing it. All the $35 people would be so fed up, they'll be dumping the service then. Now that they're stopping sale of the package on 1/9, probably fix comes on 4/15 (give a few days for people to cancel). Profit margin goes up considerably. Hmm...

TurboPGT

Scholar

• 

44 Messages

4 years ago

QP1502

Get started...

Ask a new question