Having Trouble with your AT&T TV NOW Stream?
A few things can impact your streaming experience and you have the power to fix many of them. Learn what affects your stream and things you can do about it.
The speed you need
- Streaming any service requires the right plan - we recommend 6Mbps per device.
- Run a speed test to make sure you have the right plan for your household.
Heads Up: We recommend testing with one device using a wired connection. This will give you a better idea of your actual speeds. Your speed test should match up with your internet plan.
- Wireless weakens over distance. If your bars are low on your device, improve your Wi-Fi.
- Not all devices work the same. Test each device one at a time to see if one of them is using more speed that it should.
Improve the Stream
If connecting wireless, there are several things that can be done to improve the signal, such as:
- Changing the Wireless Channel: If you have AT&T Internet, check out how to change your Wireless Channel for NVG/Motorola and 2Wire/Pace)
- Removing Environmental Interference: Speakers and other electronics can impact speeds. Take a look at this graphic for more information.
- Reducing the number of devices: The more devices connected, the slower speeds can be.
- Updating your plan: Have extra bandwidth to compensate for X-factors (additional devices, streams requiring more bandwidth). If you have AT&T service, log into your account at att.com to see what upgrades are available!
Tips to Speed up your Equipment
- Scan for viruses.
- Close all programs you are not using.
- Clear your browser’s cache/cookies.
- Make sure the Network Adapter is functioning properly (updated drivers).
- Disable hardware acceleration for older computers/internet devices.
- Reduce internet device's memory usage to have memory available for streaming.
- Disable firewalls.