Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 1:36 PM

Error “this content can’t be streamed to this device. Try watching it on another device”

Why do I constantly get this error? It usually happens on NBC when a show begins. For example: I am watching the Today show. When it ends, the Kelly & Ryan show begins. But within a few seconds the error appears. Nothing fixes it. I closed the app and tried again and I also reset the Fire Stick. I can watch other channels, but not the one with the error. The error message is 30002-018. 

Responses

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

Some programs can't be streamed on the internet at all. I believe Kelly and Ryan is one of them, so the error is correct. It's a syndicated show, not a network production.

jbinkley60

Mentor

• 

87 Messages

2 years ago

Ditto with Dr. Oz. 

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hmmm, another syndicated program. Problem more apparent all the time...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

And I keep getting it on TCM

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

And I keep getting it on TCM on and off

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

TCM is mostly older films, many of which do not have internet streaming rights available or even clearly defined.

For some strange reason producers in the 30s and 40s failed to reserve internet streaming rights for their films, can't imagine why.

cocelot-1

Scholar

• 

169 Messages

2 years ago

I don't think it's a streaming rights issue, at least not in all cases. I haven't  had the issue until today when all of a sudden I started getting the "This content can't be streamed to this device" error. I got it in the middle of an episode of Mythbusters on the Science Channel and I've been watching the Mythbusters marathon on that channel on and off for a few days now without issue. It happened right in the middle of a the show and has been out for a half hour so far.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Does anyone know if this issue will get address soon? Sometimes I am able to watch Kelly & Ryan , Dr. Oz. We live in a time where everything is streamed online now. So hope it gets fixed soon.  

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

2 years ago

Has anyone reported the issue to support? It needs to be noted and documented by the support staff. Nothing will get resolved from here a customer support forum.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

We keep getting this message with CBS shows like Rudolph and Charlie Brown.  We are using the ATT TV box and have it connected to the TV.  We are not streaming, why is this happening?

joesixpak

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

2 months ago

either roku or the atttvnow ap is full of bugs

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

2 months ago

The Rankin-Bass Christmas specials (specifically Rudolph and Frosty) were apparently licensed by CBS without streaming rights.  So they don't have the rights to allow streaming services to show them (this issue is raised every year).  I'm unaware of an issue like that with any of the Charlie Brown specials, but I have never tried watching one on on AT&T TV.  I believe some other network (I don't know which) also aired Rudolph and Frosty last year - I don't know if they have the same restriction or if they will show them again this year.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question