Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jul 5, 2019 3:03 AM

DTV-NOW Cancel future series recordings

I can’t find how to properly cancel a series recording. When I follow the “My Library”> DVR > Upcoming recordings it says “Looks like you have no upcoming recordings. However, new recordings show up everyday. When I search these shows it shows that it’s set to record. However, when I click the “Cancel Series” button it displays an error “Looks like something went wrong. We couldn’t cancel your recording at this time” with a “try again” option. I try it, still no luck.

i’ve tried this over a few days, still not working. 

I know this is a “public beta” but this is something at worked fine when I was part of the private beta and fine up until now. 

What gives?

Responses

piglet12

Guru

• 

718 Messages

8 months ago

Some series don't cancel properly. They might take a few days, weeks or even months until any canceling can be done. It can also depend on the device used to cancel the series, so try other devices to see if that makes any difference.

For a PC, click inside the circle with the minus sign, if clicking outside of it fails. Still, once you get an error message like you did, you'll most likely have to keep trying over the next few weeks and hope you get lucky.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for the reply on this. However, it seems like this is a legitimate bug in the platform. There is no reason why one should have to hunt down recordings to repeatedly attempt to cancel future recordings over hours, days, weeks or months.