Does Your Wi-Fi, Fly? Improve Your Streaming Experience
Having trouble with your AT&T TV and AT&T TV NOW stream? Are you experiencing pixelation and buffering? Has your WI-Fi or internet been going in and out? Are you losing service? We have some helpful tips that should improve your streaming and internet experience. Click here for PC/ Browser Troubleshooting.
Bad Modem Environment Can Cause:
- Streaming pixelation and buffering
- Slow wired and wireless speeds
- Loss of service
- Modem Resets
Electronics, speakers, surge protectors, and location of the modem can impact speeds and in turn affect your streaming experience. Speakers are a major source of interference because of the magnet inside. If your environment resembles the image to the left, there is a good chance your services are being effected. Surge protectors can also cause resets. Plugging the modem into a wall outlet can resolve this.
Proper Modem Environment Can:
- Improve your streaming experience
- Improve Wireless Speeds
- Improve Wi-Fi signal distance
- Prevent drops of service (TV & Internet)
- Keeping the modem free and clear of electronics
- Moving the modem off the floor and placing it on a hard surface
- Plugging U-verse equipment into a wall outlet
- Having the modem out in the open for proper air circulation
- Update your Wi-Fi settings and test different channels
- Make sure the device that is away from electronics. If you are using a Fire Stick or Apple TV, what affect the modem will affect those devices.
Did you know your internet plan and # of devices can affect your stream? Check out our help article here to learn more. Still having streaming issues? Check out this article for more troubleshooting information.