Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 6:20 PM

DIRECTVNOW Location Error

Location Services

DIRECTV NOW requires locations services to be on to provide the streaming service.

If your locations services are off, you may be presented with a screen asking to enable it.

Error Screen 1.png Error Screen 2.png

For iPhone:

1. Tap Privacy > Location Services
  2. Scroll down and tap DIRECTV NOW
  3. Decide to allow location access Never or While Using the App

For Android:

1. Open your device's Settings app Settings.
  2. Under "Personal," tap Location and then Mode.
  3. Choose High accuracy or Battery saving. Both modes use Wi-Fi and cellular networks to determine location.

Still getting an error?

Error Screen 3.png

• Force close the application and restart it.
  • Restart your device.
  • Try connecting to a different internet connection.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

3 Attachments

Responses

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

I do use Charter at home.  But, I travel around MO/IL/TN areas frequently with AT&T LTE and haven’t had an issue. But, I have GPS enabled on all of my devices.  If I turn off GPS it does give me incorrect channels on my iPhone.  It seems if GPS is enabled on your device DTVN uses that otherwise its IP based. 

I’ve had issues at home with getting the correct channels when I was using Roku devices. Replaced them with Apple TVs and everything’s good now.  Apple TVs have GPS capability I think.  Roku devices don’t have GPS capability as far I know. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Can't get Directv Now working on my Amazon Fire tablet.   Says "We can figure out your location...."  I've enabled the location in settings (it's under WIFI not personal) I've quit and restarted both the program and the device.   Google maps shows my location on the device just fine.   I tried both the hotspot from my ATT ipad and my in office wifi.  I'm in Pennsylvania.   Help?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

The Fire HD tablet is not a supported device and DTVN does not provide an app for the device. I have several HD tablets also. The solution is to side load the app from another source. Version 2.0.13.01184 is working well. I have not verified any other version since this release. You can go here to get the side loaded app.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.