Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
Dwlaws's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Dec 8, 2018 9:22 PM

Directv Now Streaming Box Beta

Is there anyway to volunteer to be a beta tester for the new Directv Now streaming box?  I’ve had Directv for over 20 years and have both Directv and Directv Now, but I never get the opportunity to try out the new products.

Responses

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 y ago

Same, got the email stating its on its way and then just a few days later there it was.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 y ago

Do you like it ? I love it

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 y ago

That stinksT

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 y ago

Yes I think it is a major improvement. Controls are lighter and easier to use. Position and style of controls such as the volume switch allow “blind” usage in the dark easier
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 y ago

The major issue with the box is its proprietary to AT&T. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 y ago

so far box has been in and family is using it just fine. apple 4k will come out tomorrow as were not using it anymore...

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 y ago

How is the new box for speed? That's why I use an ATV4K most of the time, 2 or 3 second channel changes as opposed to 15 seconds or more. How long to first video when you start the app?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 y ago

I use an Apple TV as well in my house. I find that both devices respond very similarly to channels changes. Though I haven’t officially timed them, I go by the response of the load/staus bar. Both load to the next channel within one cycle
bno25ab

ACE - Guru

• 

669 Messages

2 y ago

I've read some people stating that most likely the streaming box will be only for DirecTV (satellite) which will be switching over to a streaming service.

This box will not be for DirecTVNOW as stated.

I've compared the packages on both the DirecTV (DTV) and DirecTVNOW (DTVN) websites and noticed that the higher priced DTVN packages are named exactly the same as the DTV packages and also priced the same (after a 12 or 24 month agreement on DTV). Only difference is the number of channels which is a bit higher on DTV.

So my conclusion is that DTV and DTVN wil most likely become one service in the future. Hence the BETA testing of this box also for DTVN customers.

Would be a good step, since there's much confusion with the different AT&T services and naming. Hope it won't influence prices greatly.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 y ago

I agree and that's been the whole purpose of the BETA testing. DTVN will essentially go away or be rebranded.

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 y ago

I also agree, DTVN might have been better named "DirecTV for Now".

I'd guess DTVN will morph into the "new" DTV, and what's left of DTVN will be Watch TV.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

Interested on how service changes will play out for those of us getting discounts by having an AT&T cellular plan.

Oh, and still no beta box so that I am half on topic.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 y ago

No new remote yet either. Others have received it but not here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

I have installed the Box...and so far, it is fantastic.  I wish I could bounce directly to NETFLIX etc., but otherwise it is great.  THERE IS A GRINDING grunting sound that comes from the box for some reason.... is there a hard drive in that thing?  Going well so far.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 y ago

Post all your comments and concerns to the BETA forum not here.

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.