Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jun 15, 2017 1:09 PM

Directv Now not working on Google Chrome

My Directv Now works just fine using Internet Explorer. However, whenever I try using it on Google Chrome I get the "Hmmm...this video is taking a bit longer to load" message and that's it ... the shows never load.  I've disabled security, unloaded extensions, etc., etc., and still nothing.  Please provide other possible solution(s).  If I am unable to get a fix to this problem by June 30, I will be cancelling my subscription to Directv Now and moving on to another streaming service.  

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

hope so.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue with Chrome - can't get Directv Now to show video in Chrome anymore, other than all 3 Disney channels. It used to at least start and then freeze after a few minutes, but I can't even get it to start now. As the original poster stated, I had NO issues of any kind when I was using DirecTV Now in Internet Explorer, but now that option is completely blocked!! I'm using Windows 10 on an old Surface Pro and the system time is exactly the same, down to the second with "Set time automatic" toggled to On. 

QuickFix

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

@gwheeler32

This is a complete shot in the dark, because I'm not exactly sure what their implementation is that's causing this, but the time bug could potentially also relate to the servers you're getting your content from. Try testing matching your time to the other time zones and refresh your stream each time. I expect this won't work, but I'm curious, and it's worth a shot.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks Mentor - I did try those suggestions on the 15th and still could not get it to work, rebooted and still nothing. I continued using my pc that day doing other work, and a few hours later I decided to try one more time. It worked!! Nothing I did was different from the last time I had tried, so I guess someone responded from the other side. It's been working very well the past few days with only occasional breaks in the feed, so I'm ecstatic! When I experienced breaks in the feed using Chrome before this most recent issue, it would just stop and I would have to close Chrome, clear browsing data, and/or restart to get it to open again. Now, it reliably picks up again if there's a break and I haven't had to clear browsing data...so this is the best I've seen yet and expect it'll get even better. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Directv Now was a PAIN, not loading... synching my computer clock with the .gov time link WORKED ! AMAAAAZING !

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.1K Messages

3 years ago

It seems like they should include that info in the help pages, and also change their protocols so they aren't dependent on absolute time but just relative time.  (Since I haven't seen reports of the same sorts of problems on other services, I assume that should be doable.  Handling a protocol change is a pain, but with the new UI coming, they appear to have a good opportunity to do a change.)

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Direct TV Now was working on my PC using Google Chrome, but now it isn't saying "hmmm...blah blah blah...error 40"

The time on my computer is fine...are there any updates on this?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I've read that many people have had issues with Google Chrome not working with Direct TV Now.  It has been suggested that I need to change my time to the correct time.

My time is correct and Google Chrome worked last week...now I get "hmmm...blah blah blah...error 40"

Are there any updates on this?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

3 years ago

It may appear to be right but that is not always correct. Do the time check - it want hurt and very well may resolve your issue.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.1K Messages

3 years ago

The time needs to be very correct - probably within (some unknown number of) seconds of one of the main time sources (like www.time.gov).  If your time is, then what time zone are you in?  There were at one time reports that some people had to shift their timezone forward or back an hour (this implied to me that they were getting their stream from servers in a different timezone).  So you can try switching and see if that helps - obviously, you don't want to operate that way, but it will help diagnosing the issue.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Directv on Chrome worked fine yesterday.  Today... I don't know what happened.  I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread to no avail.  I contacted customer service and once I got by the virtual assistant, the live chat operator was as worthless as the virtual assistant (virtual might have even been better).  Unless Directv can resolve this issue, I will cancel my account.  I use Chrome as my access to online content.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

It's down today for me using chrome on pc with win7. I'm watching it right now using the dtv android app and casting to my tv. It works also on my mac using chrome. They must be working on chrome for windows. Maybe try on another device while you wait for a fix.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

3 years ago

Currently watch live networks on PC with no issues experienced. Seems fine to me.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks gerrymad. That fixed it
Budddgreen

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks gerrymad working here now :

Get started...