Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jun 15, 2017 1:09 PM

Directv Now not working on Google Chrome

My Directv Now works just fine using Internet Explorer. However, whenever I try using it on Google Chrome I get the "Hmmm...this video is taking a bit longer to load" message and that's it ... the shows never load.  I've disabled security, unloaded extensions, etc., etc., and still nothing.  Please provide other possible solution(s).  If I am unable to get a fix to this problem by June 30, I will be cancelling my subscription to Directv Now and moving on to another streaming service.  

Responses

Silencer272

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Someone on reddit just said that Uverse is has an alert for customers with uverse and chromecast not working properly....

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Still not working as of last night on Chromecast nor Chrome Browser. I could only get Freeform and HGTV to load on Chormecast. Engaged DTVN help and they tracked down the escalated ticket, and same response "working on it". Have not tried it today yet so... I will post update tonight

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

The good news of the day is when i got home Chromecast worked and is still working. They, DTVN, actually fixed it!!!! Took 6 days but its working. I will wait till the weekend to see if its truly fixed

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

I'll check and see if fixed for me in the morning wasn't fixed as of 5pm
car anyway.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

I'll check and see if fixed for me in the morning wasn't fixed as of 5pm
car anyway.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

as of right now its been on for an hour and so far so good looks like its finally fixed! Finally can move and keep the fire stick in the bedroom again. Plan on keeping it on all day just to make sure.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Yup, I have the same problem as everyone else. Chrome just doesn't work. Spoke with 5 different agents, every one of them is useless. Switching to sling.

1shado1

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

I'm still having the same problem with Chrome. Oddly, it works fine on one of my laptops, but not on the other. Also strange is the fact that on the laptop it doesn't work on, the three different Disney channels I have work, but nothing else does.

1shado1

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

QuickFix, adjusting the time was the cure!  Thank you so much!! I was pulling out my last three hairs.

Hawghead

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

Did it for me too, after six or more months I am so thanking you!

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.1K Messages

3 years ago

To all the people whose time was off - do you not have "set time automatically" enabled?  I know that Microsoft's implementation of NTP was pretty weak, at least until Win 10, and their default time server isn't great, but even then I'd hope it would be good enough to keep the time within a second.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
QuickFix

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

I've never changed the functionality of my clock away from the default on Windows 7 (auto sync with time.windows.com) and my timer was off by around 40+ seconds if I recall correctly. Even in the few days since I've fixed this, it's become off  by a few seconds.

Regardless of all of that, this behavior wasn't occurring on other browsers, so it's likely DTVN left some code specifically in the Chrome version that relied too heavily on the computer's clock for some type of syncing. It's a bug they can/will fix on their end.

Edit: To answer your question more specifically about why clocks are so far off, the system clock syncs to a server once a week. That time is typically fairly accurate, though apparently not always if there are acquirement/lag or large scale server issues. The system clock itself can lose a notable amount of time in the week between updates, depending on a large number of factors.

1shado1

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

"To all the people whose time was off - do you not have "set time automatically" enabled?"

All my Windows machines (1 tablet, 2 laptops) have "set time automatically" turned on. The two Windows 8.1 machines were each off by almost a minute, and neither would let DirectvNow function (except for the 3 Disney channels [WHAT THE HECK is up with THAT?]). My Windows 10 laptop has always worked fine with DTVN (and the time was accurate).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have lost the use of MSNBC over the last few days while getting that annoying message this thread is about. Unfortunately I get every other channel I want, including the disgusting Fox News (and Friends). I did contact "chat" and had one of the most useless sessions I can ever remember. I have tweeted to DirectTVNow's help twitter account and still have not received a reply. My "clock" is off by one second. I doubt that is the problem. Not when I get every other channel with no problem.  

QuickFix

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

@roguebooks

Sometimes it seems like certain channels, or groups of channels can sometimes have some sort of CDN issues that come and go. I just had my ABC do that for a couple days then return, so hopefully it resolves itself soon for you too. I would agree that for you it's probably not the time thing.

Get started...

Ask a new question