AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, May 15, 2018 2:19 PM

DIRECTV NOW New TV Experience

We’ve been looking forward to telling you about the new TV experience - and here's what you need to know.

SO WHAT’S DIFFERENT

• True Cloud DVR (BETA).
    • Every package automatically gets 20 Hours of free recording storage.
    • You can also skip quickly through commercials with your next generation digital recorder.
    • Functions may be limited in beta. Compatible device required. Not available for select channels. Data connection required. Recordings expire after 30 days.
    • If you’re coming up on your 20 hours limit, you will be notified. If you exceed, the first recorded program listed will be removed to make room for the newest one.
    • How to manage recordings with True Cloud DVR
  • Streaming, Plus One.
    • You now have the option to add a third stream to your account for $5 a month, so three people can be logged in and stream all at once.
    • Keep in mind that streaming a recorded program, VOD, and third party apps also counts as a stream.
    • How to upgrade your plan
  • Extra Sweet Stuff.
    • Travel with your Locals – granted the local is also available in the market you’re traveling to, you can now stream your local channels when you travel.
    • Less Searching, More Streaming – find favorite shows and movies faster with customizable search.
    • Entertainment, Uninterrupted – you’ll never miss a beat with our new layout, because your stream will be playing in the background, or on a pop-up.

Stay tuned for more good news!

- DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

Well the remote just sends codes, the app along with the underlying system just interpret them. They can fail at any point of course. 🙂

Down is now info (as is the info key) and up doesn't seem to do anything.

Still 3 presses to get to the guide, but I guess that's what the macros are for. A macro to page the guide will still be necessary. 😞

Will need some tweaking, but fortunately the Harmony makes that easy.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the reply. When I mentioned the remote buttons, I was referring to the Harmony remote, I hardly ever use the Apple TV remote when watching tv, lol.
Mashep

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

2 years ago

I`m on Chrome and I cleared my browser,and now I can`t log in and watch anything.Before I cleared the browser I was watching the old format,working well.Now no log in.Not an ATT customer ,only DTVN.

chuckles67

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

2 years ago

Great that DirecTV Now is getting DVR improvements 🙂 

Looking forward to much much more.... e.g.:

- local channel PBS (KQED in SF Bay Area)

- CNN Go app support

- Apple Single Sign-On support (to reduce the app sign-in pain)

- more channel support for Dolby Digital 5.1 audio

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

With the new app, does that mean that the Beta and the mainstream app are the same or are there still differences between the Apple Directv app and the Directv beta app ? 

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

I mostly like the new app, but can't figure out how to search using the ATV4 remote.  For some reason, you can no longer "type" a tv show, it only lets you speak one.  It tells you to hold the microphone button on the remote, but that only activates Siri.  I know it worked okay before.  I think there's definitely a bug going on here, plus some lost functionality.  Has anyone figured this out yet?

Thanks.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

The ATV4 remote (even my Harmony remote) are very confusing to use with this new DirecTV Now update. Either Apple or DirecTV Now (ATT) need to do some upgrades! Heck, they just released this today... I expect an update very soon!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Updated the app and now I can't chromecast on my chromecast built in tv

My1cent

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

2 years ago

Keep up the good work, guys.

Jillsie

Scholar

• 

167 Messages

2 years ago

This new whatever you want to call it s***s. BTW, this word is bad here! It doesn't work on my laptop. It has me on a different time zone so I can't watch local news. CBS isn't even on the guide at all. I can't watch my local news on NBC go. I was on online with customer service for about a half hour last nite and nothing was resolved. Since I can watch it on my phone the rep told me at least twice that if I can watch it on my phone I can watch it on my laptop. I CAN'T. Then she told me they were rebooting their server? How long does that take? It's been 10 hours. I'm about to find another streaming service because I have had one too many issues. 

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hey @pxc316, we’re basically expanding beta availability of our Cloud DVR and other feature to all DIRECTV NOW customers.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Jillsie

Scholar

• 

167 Messages

2 years ago

I don't know what that means. I should still be able to watch TV via my laptop in my timezone. Channels should be available, like CBS, which isn't. Why can I watch on my phone but not my laptop?
beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

Your phone has GPS, and will report it's correct location. Assuming your laptop does not have GPS, DTVN has to depend on geolocation to figure out where you are. Even a cursory look through the comments here will show that geolocation is notoriously inaccurate, it's over 200 miles off in my case for example.

All you can do at this time is report the issue to the chatniks.

Jillsie

Scholar

• 

167 Messages

2 years ago

Well why did this start with their upgrade? I had no issues until yesterday morning.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I'm not seeing any reference to DVR on the site...how do I access the DVR?

Get started...

Ask a new question