Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, Mar 7, 2017 10:12 PM

DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

SURPRISE!

• HBO is now included for 12 months for Go Big and Gotta Have It 
  • $5 OFF for 6 months with Live a Little and Just Right

Here is our way of saying THANK YOU for being the best part of DIRECTV NOW! Starting today all existing customers with active DIRECTV NOW accounts prior to March 6, 2017 are eligible for a LOYALTY REWARD

Free HBO Promo Asset.jpg

Here are some FAQs you may have:

1. Who qualifies for the Loyalty Rewards?
      All existing DIRECTV NOW customers. If your account was active as of March 6, 2017 you are eligible. DIRECTV NOW accounts in a pending cancellation status as of March 6, 2017 are not eligible.

2. Will the HBO subscription and $5 off be listed in my payment history?
      Yes! You will see your HBO subscription in your Payment History as a $0 charge (Go Big & Gotta Have It) and the $5 credit applied (Live a Little & Just Right).

3. Can I use my DIRECTV NOW signin information to access HBOGo?
      Yes! You can use your DIRECTV NOW signin credentials to access HBOGo.

4. What if I already have HBO?
      Don’t worry if you already have an HBO subscription! For customers with Go Big and Gotta Have It the charge will automatically be credited each month during the 12-month offer. Customers with Live a Little and Just Right the $5 per month credit is applied to the account with the next six month of service! The charge for HBO will resume automatically after the promotions expire.

5. What if I prepaid for HBO during the device offer for 1 or 3 months?
      No worries! The monthly discount will be added at the end of the prepayment period. The discount will last 1 year from the end of your prepayment period. Once the discount expires the HBO charge will resume.

**NEW HBO OFFER ALERT** 3/18/2017

Starting March 18th NEW customers that sign up for service with Go Big and Gotta Have It are eligible to have HBO included at no additional cost for 12 months.

For more info, check out these FAQs:

1. If I have Live A Little or Just Right today and upgrade to Go Big or Gotta Have It, do I qualify for the HBO Offer?
    No, sorry! Existing DIRECTV NOW customers with Live a Little or Just Right packages upgrading to Go Big or Gotta Have It packages are not eligible for this offer.

2. If I previously had DIRECTV NOW and canceled service, am I eligible for the HBO offer if I restart service and select Go Big or Gotta Have It packages?

Unfortunately, no. Only new customers (have not previously had DIRECTV NOW service in the past 12 months) are eligible for the HBO offer.

3. If I subscribed to Go Big or Gotta Have It, can I request to remove HBO from my subscription?
    Yes. You may cancel HBO at any time. Once you cancel HBO you will not be eligible for the HBO offer if you decide you would like to subscribe to HBO again.

Relax and enjoy some of your favorite shows! Happy Streaming!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

kevkrom

Guru

• 

348 Messages

3 years ago

If you're talking about the VOD offerings, the content of those offerings - commercials included - are up to the content providers, not DirecTV.

What I don't get is why you're so eager to get back on board with a service that you say you hate, that doesn't work for you, doesn't fit your viewing habits, and that you sent in a cancel notice over two months ago on. Just because of the free HBO? Makes no sense.

jtfolden

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

... And that's not DVR.
jtfolden

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

... And that's not DVR.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Wow ... just logged into my email account .... great news

Thanks DTN !

Signed

A happy customer

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

When I check my account I dont see any mentioning of my 5$ Loyalty reward credit.. why is that ? It still says that I will be charged 55$ next month.. Shouldnt it be 50$ with the 5$ credit ? Am I missing anything here ?? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I received the promo hbo email ... but i couldn't sign it .... they told me to add hbo go to my package in order to see it then... they did charge me $4.52 i thought it was suppose to be free. i have been directv now customer since day one and my promo doesn t appear on my account

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.3K Messages

3 years ago

@xkorter - who told you to add HBO and what plan do you have?  For me (Go Big), HBO just appeared - I didn't have to add it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I signed up for Go Big with HBO in January .

D I get a $5 reduction on my monthly bill  or do I have to cancel my subscription and then restart it next month?

cdawson

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I signed up for  "Go Big" in January and also HBOnow for an additional $5.

Do I get a reduction in my subscription price or do I have to cancel and re-subscribe.

I just sam my charge yesterday without a decrease of $5

cdawson

jtfolden

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

If you cancel you'll lose all discounts entirely. If you aren't seeing a credit, you'll need to chat with them to see why.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the Go Big plan since December ... I had HBO since I first sign up for the plan. I cancel HBO only when I heard about the reward so I would get charge for it but I couldn't get into my HBO account therefore I signed up for HBO again yesterday so it could appear on my plan .
jtfolden

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

If you had read the FAQ, they stated existing HBO subscribers would still get the credit. You might want to contact them and make sure you'll still see the credit on your account since you canceled and signed up after the fact. Good luck!
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

My Directvnow account shows my next monthly charge for April 7th as $215. Havent chatted with the customer support yet. Anyone seen this in your payment history?

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.3K Messages

3 years ago

There have been a lot of reports like that, with feedback from Customer Support that there is a glitch in the billing report but it will get ironed out.  I'm not sure who is getting hit by it (I wasn't - 3 month prepaid starting in January).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Will directv now offer the $35 "Go Big" again? I want to sign up but $35 for current package "live a little" isnt too appealing when I compare it to sling or Playstaton Vue.

Get started...

Ask a new question