Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, Mar 7, 2017 10:12 PM

DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

SURPRISE!

• HBO is now included for 12 months for Go Big and Gotta Have It 
  • $5 OFF for 6 months with Live a Little and Just Right

Here is our way of saying THANK YOU for being the best part of DIRECTV NOW! Starting today all existing customers with active DIRECTV NOW accounts prior to March 6, 2017 are eligible for a LOYALTY REWARD

Free HBO Promo Asset.jpg

Here are some FAQs you may have:

1. Who qualifies for the Loyalty Rewards?
      All existing DIRECTV NOW customers. If your account was active as of March 6, 2017 you are eligible. DIRECTV NOW accounts in a pending cancellation status as of March 6, 2017 are not eligible.

2. Will the HBO subscription and $5 off be listed in my payment history?
      Yes! You will see your HBO subscription in your Payment History as a $0 charge (Go Big & Gotta Have It) and the $5 credit applied (Live a Little & Just Right).

3. Can I use my DIRECTV NOW signin information to access HBOGo?
      Yes! You can use your DIRECTV NOW signin credentials to access HBOGo.

4. What if I already have HBO?
      Don’t worry if you already have an HBO subscription! For customers with Go Big and Gotta Have It the charge will automatically be credited each month during the 12-month offer. Customers with Live a Little and Just Right the $5 per month credit is applied to the account with the next six month of service! The charge for HBO will resume automatically after the promotions expire.

5. What if I prepaid for HBO during the device offer for 1 or 3 months?
      No worries! The monthly discount will be added at the end of the prepayment period. The discount will last 1 year from the end of your prepayment period. Once the discount expires the HBO charge will resume.

**NEW HBO OFFER ALERT** 3/18/2017

Starting March 18th NEW customers that sign up for service with Go Big and Gotta Have It are eligible to have HBO included at no additional cost for 12 months.

For more info, check out these FAQs:

1. If I have Live A Little or Just Right today and upgrade to Go Big or Gotta Have It, do I qualify for the HBO Offer?
    No, sorry! Existing DIRECTV NOW customers with Live a Little or Just Right packages upgrading to Go Big or Gotta Have It packages are not eligible for this offer.

2. If I previously had DIRECTV NOW and canceled service, am I eligible for the HBO offer if I restart service and select Go Big or Gotta Have It packages?

Unfortunately, no. Only new customers (have not previously had DIRECTV NOW service in the past 12 months) are eligible for the HBO offer.

3. If I subscribed to Go Big or Gotta Have It, can I request to remove HBO from my subscription?
    Yes. You may cancel HBO at any time. Once you cancel HBO you will not be eligible for the HBO offer if you decide you would like to subscribe to HBO again.

Relax and enjoy some of your favorite shows! Happy Streaming!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

Now

Just need Roku access......

I'm assuming there might be a LOT of AppleTV's up for sale when that happens, lol!!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, I canceled service last week because it doesn't work more then half the time.

Customer service gave me 30$ credit for a free month.

Now today you promissed me HBO for a year.

I orginally signed up for 3 months paid in full, which expires March 14th.

My account says my serivce will end on the 14th.

I want to cancel my cancalation, use my $30 credit, keep my plan, and get HBO for free.

But chat says I can't cancel my cancalation, and I will lose my plan and NOT get HBO.....

WHAT A SCAM!

kevkrom

Guru

• 

348 Messages

3 years ago

I don't see how it's a "scam" to not give a loyalty bonus to someone who quit the service. First item in the FAQ says (emphasis mine):

Who qualifies for the Loyalty Rewards?
All existing DIRECTV NOW customers. If your account was active as of March 6, 2017 you are eligible. DIRECTV NOW accounts in a pending cancellation status as of March 6, 2017 are not eligible.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Yea, whatever.. I had 30$ credit which should of extended my plan... 

This service has NEVER worked! I chatted almost every other day with Direct TV for the last 3 months with complaints.

I am disputing the orginal charge with my credit card company...   I don't pay other people to be there ALPHA testers!

The fact that you can't CANCEL a CANCELATION is pathetic.

They just want people to lose the plans they started off with and charge more...

This REWARD has made me even dislike the service even more.

I rather subscribe at amazon for hbo... 

Plus what is TERIABLE, the fact you have to watch the same commericial 8x times during one show in DVR content.  I have a tivo DVR, you dont want any commericaials.  I not going to pay for a DVR with commericals....

GOOD BYE CRAPPY SERVICE!!

our chat....

Reference Number: 741784151703245379
DATE/TIME: 2017-03-09 07:18:24
Your chat transcript:
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE - All replies are automatically deleted.
Me : xyz
AT&T : Welcome to DIRECTV NOW. May we have your name while we pull together resources and links to help get us started?
Robin : Hello. My name is Robin and I'd be happy to help you today!
Me : How do i cancel the cancel?
Robin : Hi xyz, how are you today?
Me : I supposed to have an extra free month, and now hbo
Me : But i see message Your account is scheduled to be canceled on Mar 13, 2017 at 7 PM EST. In the meantime, you can still enjoy DIRECTV NOW until Mar 13, 2017 at 7 PM EST. You can restart your plan after your billing cycle ends
Robin : I'm sorry to know that xyz. No problem. you've reached the right person.
Robin : I can help you with that.
Me : Ok
Robin : Thank you!
Robin : Let me take a quick review of your account.
Robin : Please allow me two minutes.
Me : i should have a month's worth of credit
Robin : I can understand xyz, I'm still working on your request.
Robin : I'm sorry for the late and I'm still reviewing your account.
Robin : Thank you!
Robin : Thank you for staying online xyz, I do appreciate you're valuable time and patience.
Me : Sure
Robin : xyz, I have reviewed your account and I see that you've removed the service on 12/28/16.
Robin : the $35 system generated promo code has removed as you removed the service.
Robin : I'm really sorry to inform you that the same promo code will not be applied on your account as it is a system generated coupon.
Me : No no
Me : The 35 was for service complaints
Me : Because nothing works
Me : Was not a promo or coupon
Me : Was a credit
Me : Please cancel my cancellation
Robin : Sure, I can help you with that, xyz.
Robin : Let me check what best can be done to put a smile on your face.
Me : 1) do not cancel service 2)go for a year 3)30$ credit i was already promised
Me : 2) HBO
Robin : I totally understand your concern, xyz.
Robin : I am really sorry, as much as I would liked to help we do not have option to retain the services now, I can see you have cancelled the services on 12/28/16 and your billing date was 3/14/17.
Me : No way
Me : Please escalate ticket
Me : Your screwing me over on plan and promised credit
Me : This is insane
Me : Your service hasn't worked since day one
Robin : I can totally understand your concern, xyz.
Me : Ticket escalation number please
Robin : Please allow me a minutes and let me check what best can be done.
Robin : Thank you for staying online xyz, I do appreciate you're valuable time and patience.
Robin : I'm sorry for the delay responce.
Robin : response*
Me : ...
Me : k
Robin : Thank you for your time, xyz.
Robin : I really appreciate it.
Robin : xyz, I tried all my possible option to help you in this and I totally understand what your feeling. The best i can do is I will apply the $35 Go Big offer on your account and I requested my supervisor regarding this.
Robin : The HBO go offer will not be activated on your account because your account was not activated on march 6.
Robin : I'm really sorry to inform you that.
Me : Cancel the cancellation. So i can users credityou already gave me
Robin : Sure, I can help you with that.
Robin : I request you to please subscribe to the package on March 13, 2017 and I will keep a detailed note on your account so that you can avail the $35 Go Big promo offer, I will help you with my ID so that you need not to explain everything to us.
Robin : Please provide our chat ID to our agents so that you can avail the offer.
Me : How much credit do you see on my
Me : Account
Robin : xyz, I see that $10 credit is applied on your account.
Me : More lies
Me : I should have 3
Me : 30
Robin : xyz, I see that the $35 has refunded on your account also a $10 credit on your account.
Me : I'm disputing original charge
Robin : xyz, I would like to explain you that th e$35 gas refunded on your account.
Robin : and a $10 credit on your account which will effect on your next bill cycle.
Robin : Not to rush you but are we still connected? I have not heard from you for a few minutes. Please confirm if we are connected.
Robin : I am afraid this chat might get disconnected automatically due to lack of response.
Robin : I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused this chat is disconnected, you may begin a new chat. You can find additional information at help.directvnow.com

quaddity

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

3 years ago

I was on the verge of cancelling but the HBO deal made me a bit more patient.  I also finally got around to downloading all the network apps I can use my login with and that made me realized I can drop my $12 a month Hulu subscription.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

things better then directtv now:

www.sling.com    app & website is so much more dependable and fast!

Amazon video channels!

HBO NOW !!

OTA Tivo !!

Plus ATT is breaking net nutrality laws by saying directtv now doesn't go agaisnt your wireless data limit.  This is ANTI competitive and ATT should be sued.

jtfolden

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

Give it a rest. You canceled your service, you don't deserve a loyalty reward. Sling is quite inferior but if you like it go for it.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Sling inferior.!!!! wow what a joke. Sling windows10 app and androird tv apps are light years better then directtv now.

I messaged support almost every other day for 3 months!  I spent so much time and effert trying to use the service.  I wish I could show you how many tickets I opened for half missing DVR eppisodies.

Live tv almost never worked.

DVR stuff was always missing and worked half the time

Stuff that did played constantly stuttered

CNN was offline for days at a time, while fox news worked great.

I have ATT Fiber and top of the line computer.  The issue was not with my setup.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.2K Messages

3 years ago

Fine - you are massively unhappy with the service and cancelled.  And you point out various other services that you think are much better than DTVN.  So leave here and sign up for those already.  Does it bring you some sort of joy to continue to hang around here and complain?  No one is doubting you are unhappy with DTVN and afaik, no one is asking you to either justify yourself or stay...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

No, but it might stop AT&T from screwing people over in the future with this broken service.

I should get a 100% refund for the 3 month service I paid for originally.  I don't think it worked correctly for even 1 day.

Oh, one more other service that is better, Sony’s PlayStation Vue

jtfolden

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T aren't screwing anyone over. You prepaid three months in advance, at a discount as an early adopter, and presumably got a free device. By your own posts they also gave you more than one credit for your issues. Seems to me they have tried working with you.

You willingly chose to cancel the service, which is your right, and no one forced you to do so - so you are not entitled to nor do you deserve the free HBO offer. It's pretty simple.

You are just whining at this point, so why not log off and go to Sling. They nickel and dime you over there for less but if you think they are so great, you'll be much happier right?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I will go.  I plan on using OTA Tivo for FREE basic local cable (abc/cbs/nbc/fox/pbs) + HBONOW + I have amazon prime/netflix. 

Don't really need CNN or all the other crappy stations...

And if I want to watch the Americans, I will just buy it on VUDU for $35...  no commericals, watch it forever.

I much rather buy seasons of good tvs shows then be subjected to crappy at&T service and have to watch commericals. 

The commericals on the DVR playback are crazy!!

I will respond every time you respond.  have a nice day

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Well, it's still glitchy. I got my invoice yesterday and there was no credit. I paid full price for the free HBO 🙂

directvnow_hbo_promo_no_credit.PNG

jtfolden

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

Given that DTVN doesn't offer DVR yet, the fact you're seeing commercials when watching it is indeed "crazy". Lol

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, it does offer old eppisiodes.  and yes, they do have commericials.

Get started...

Ask a new question