Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, Mar 7, 2017 10:12 PM

DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

SURPRISE!

• HBO is now included for 12 months for Go Big and Gotta Have It 
  • $5 OFF for 6 months with Live a Little and Just Right

Here is our way of saying THANK YOU for being the best part of DIRECTV NOW! Starting today all existing customers with active DIRECTV NOW accounts prior to March 6, 2017 are eligible for a LOYALTY REWARD

Free HBO Promo Asset.jpg

Here are some FAQs you may have:

1. Who qualifies for the Loyalty Rewards?
      All existing DIRECTV NOW customers. If your account was active as of March 6, 2017 you are eligible. DIRECTV NOW accounts in a pending cancellation status as of March 6, 2017 are not eligible.

2. Will the HBO subscription and $5 off be listed in my payment history?
      Yes! You will see your HBO subscription in your Payment History as a $0 charge (Go Big & Gotta Have It) and the $5 credit applied (Live a Little & Just Right).

3. Can I use my DIRECTV NOW signin information to access HBOGo?
      Yes! You can use your DIRECTV NOW signin credentials to access HBOGo.

4. What if I already have HBO?
      Don’t worry if you already have an HBO subscription! For customers with Go Big and Gotta Have It the charge will automatically be credited each month during the 12-month offer. Customers with Live a Little and Just Right the $5 per month credit is applied to the account with the next six month of service! The charge for HBO will resume automatically after the promotions expire.

5. What if I prepaid for HBO during the device offer for 1 or 3 months?
      No worries! The monthly discount will be added at the end of the prepayment period. The discount will last 1 year from the end of your prepayment period. Once the discount expires the HBO charge will resume.

**NEW HBO OFFER ALERT** 3/18/2017

Starting March 18th NEW customers that sign up for service with Go Big and Gotta Have It are eligible to have HBO included at no additional cost for 12 months.

For more info, check out these FAQs:

1. If I have Live A Little or Just Right today and upgrade to Go Big or Gotta Have It, do I qualify for the HBO Offer?
    No, sorry! Existing DIRECTV NOW customers with Live a Little or Just Right packages upgrading to Go Big or Gotta Have It packages are not eligible for this offer.

2. If I previously had DIRECTV NOW and canceled service, am I eligible for the HBO offer if I restart service and select Go Big or Gotta Have It packages?

Unfortunately, no. Only new customers (have not previously had DIRECTV NOW service in the past 12 months) are eligible for the HBO offer.

3. If I subscribed to Go Big or Gotta Have It, can I request to remove HBO from my subscription?
    Yes. You may cancel HBO at any time. Once you cancel HBO you will not be eligible for the HBO offer if you decide you would like to subscribe to HBO again.

Relax and enjoy some of your favorite shows! Happy Streaming!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

No need to add anything from your end, the offer will be applied automatically on all valid accounts. AS THE OFFER WAS ANNOUNCED SUDDENLY EVERYONE WAS SURPRISED AND EAGERLY CONTActing chat support in huge and most of the customers chats were in queue. Need not to worry if your account are valid to receve thi promtion DIRECTV NOW will apply this promotion automatically on your account. If you' re Go Big and Gotta have it subscriber yiu will receive this promotuon for 12 months and if you' re Live a little and just right subscriber you will receive the $5 credit on your account for 6 months( credit means deduction of $5 on your every month's bill) for 6 months that means you're getting HBO indirectly fir 6 months

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

And what a surprise after 45 minutes with customer srevice I don't get free HBO because I prepaid. Technical problems all the time. No 72 hour. Can't sign into most networks websites with NOW. No content on NOW's ondemand (if you can get it to work).

I'm so happy I beleived in your service and prepaid for 3 months...   (yes thats sarcasm ATT) 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I'm not seeing it yet and also can't log into HBO Go with DTVNow creds. I subscribed on 1/5/2017 for 3 months with AppleTV promo. I received an email as well. Any thoughts?
KiLLaBEE

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

For all the inpatient people talking crap that they can't get it to work, even though they said give them 24hrs, I checked my guide and they are there. All 3 HBO channels and logged in to the HBO GO app and it also works! I'm in the west in LA  though, I don't know why I have the east version, but it really doesn't matter!!  Thanks for the FREE HBO Directv!!! It was even sooner than 24hrs like you said!!  Woot woot!!  Now gimme Game of Thrones HBO!!

KiLLaBEE

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

Been working for an hour now for me. The hbo go app as well. Check your guides!!!

kevkrom

Guru

• 

348 Messages

3 years ago

I was impatiently checking last night to no avail, but when I got up (before 6am EST) the channels were there and active; singed into HBO Go as well now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Glad some people are getting the freebieI am on hour 20 now and still have absolutely nothing.
sam321

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

Two things:

1)  From the email that came yesterday, it sounded like this freebie started yesterday.  But like others here, that wasn't the case for me.  According to Chat this morning, they are working on it.  I was told I'll have it within 24 hours.  I was also told I will receive another email when HBO is active on my account.

2)  The timing of this freebie is interesting.  It comes just over 3 months after their initial roll-out, which means those initial 3-month introductory offers are expiring.

We're not thrilled with DTVN (too many technical problems and very poor customer service), but it has been better than no TV at all.  We'll probably keep it until the price of either DTVN or our Internet service goes up.

kevkrom

Guru

• 

348 Messages

3 years ago

@sam321 Oh no doubt this is intended as retention and mollification. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. Instead, they offer vague promises of working to improve the service, and throw us an occassional bone.

But this is a pretty good bone. And with HBO costing $15/month minimum anywhere else and those of us early adopters who got the free AppleTV and the grandfathered "go big" rate, it's a strong incentive to stay with the service for the near future.

VOD is still the main weakness, and the provider sign-on additions are cutting into that problem as well, though it's not as good as being in the DTVN app itself for both convenience and for the free mobile data offer for AT&T wireless subscribers.

The other main weakness is local channels, but that's far more of an licensing issue than a technical one.

JonathanK

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

Anybody having issues with HBO's website to login for the app on Apple TV? I select DirecTV Now, but it keeps giving me an error.

Update - Fixed

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I now have the HBO channels on my guide. However when I go to activate the HBO Go app hbogo.com/activate, it asks for an HBO Go ID number and other info --- is that a give it time to resolve problem or am I doing something wrong?

Register for HBO GO

Since this is your first time using HBO GO, please complete your signup to personalize your experience and access this service on all supported devices.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.3K Messages

3 years ago

HBO East because (unless they finally fixed this for other channels with an east and west feed) they are not using geography to determine which feeds to send - everyone gets the "east feed" for everything that has multiple feeds.  Since they know the destination zip code (and check it for some things), it wouldn't seem that hard for them to send the appropriate feed (or, like for U-verse, both feeds) of the various channels.  It's possible that there are licensing issues or they may just not have gotten around to dealing with that issue yet.  (It would seem that it should have some priority, since - judging from comments on the fora in the past - west coasters are generally are not happy with the situation.)  A functional 72 hour rewind would help with this (at least for the channels supporting it), and for HBO in particular, if you care about particular shows rather than just streaming HBO in general, the HBO Go app should apparently have new stuff as soon as it airs.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
jtfolden

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

You need to fill out that info to create your profile.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks DirectvNow! Much appreciated!!! 

Works great for me. I also went to hbogo.com and picked DirectvNow as my provider. Logged in with no issues. Loving it!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

Enjoy 1 year of HBO® included.Enjoy 1 year of HBO® included.

Yes, Frank—you read that right! Absolutely no strings attached. No hoops to jump through.

You're getting HBO included with your existing service for one full year starting at the end of your prepayment period. You literally don't need to do a single thing other than enjoy all of HBO with unlimited access to the most entertaining movies, addictive series, family favorites and more.

Why now? Why you?

Simply put, we want to thank you for being one of our most valuable customers and coming on this unprecedented journey with us. We're dedicated to making DIRECTV NOW the best streaming entertainment product in the industry, and because of you, we're on our way. So go on, keep enjoying the huge library of the best entertainment with unlimited access to all of HBO—anytime, anywhere. Want more deets? Check out our FAQ.

As I'd already subscribed to HBO...at $15, pre paid, I canclelled my HBO subscription, online.......does this mean I will STILL get the 12 months Free HBO access?

(i'm an early beta tester.....3 months, free AppleTV package.......and lately, it's been working almost flawlessly, for me..........)

Get started...

Ask a new question