Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, Mar 7, 2017 10:12 PM

DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

SURPRISE!

• HBO is now included for 12 months for Go Big and Gotta Have It 
  • $5 OFF for 6 months with Live a Little and Just Right

Here is our way of saying THANK YOU for being the best part of DIRECTV NOW! Starting today all existing customers with active DIRECTV NOW accounts prior to March 6, 2017 are eligible for a LOYALTY REWARD

Free HBO Promo Asset.jpg

Here are some FAQs you may have:

1. Who qualifies for the Loyalty Rewards?
      All existing DIRECTV NOW customers. If your account was active as of March 6, 2017 you are eligible. DIRECTV NOW accounts in a pending cancellation status as of March 6, 2017 are not eligible.

2. Will the HBO subscription and $5 off be listed in my payment history?
      Yes! You will see your HBO subscription in your Payment History as a $0 charge (Go Big & Gotta Have It) and the $5 credit applied (Live a Little & Just Right).

3. Can I use my DIRECTV NOW signin information to access HBOGo?
      Yes! You can use your DIRECTV NOW signin credentials to access HBOGo.

4. What if I already have HBO?
      Don’t worry if you already have an HBO subscription! For customers with Go Big and Gotta Have It the charge will automatically be credited each month during the 12-month offer. Customers with Live a Little and Just Right the $5 per month credit is applied to the account with the next six month of service! The charge for HBO will resume automatically after the promotions expire.

5. What if I prepaid for HBO during the device offer for 1 or 3 months?
      No worries! The monthly discount will be added at the end of the prepayment period. The discount will last 1 year from the end of your prepayment period. Once the discount expires the HBO charge will resume.

**NEW HBO OFFER ALERT** 3/18/2017

Starting March 18th NEW customers that sign up for service with Go Big and Gotta Have It are eligible to have HBO included at no additional cost for 12 months.

For more info, check out these FAQs:

1. If I have Live A Little or Just Right today and upgrade to Go Big or Gotta Have It, do I qualify for the HBO Offer?
    No, sorry! Existing DIRECTV NOW customers with Live a Little or Just Right packages upgrading to Go Big or Gotta Have It packages are not eligible for this offer.

2. If I previously had DIRECTV NOW and canceled service, am I eligible for the HBO offer if I restart service and select Go Big or Gotta Have It packages?

Unfortunately, no. Only new customers (have not previously had DIRECTV NOW service in the past 12 months) are eligible for the HBO offer.

3. If I subscribed to Go Big or Gotta Have It, can I request to remove HBO from my subscription?
    Yes. You may cancel HBO at any time. Once you cancel HBO you will not be eligible for the HBO offer if you decide you would like to subscribe to HBO again.

Relax and enjoy some of your favorite shows! Happy Streaming!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Its probably a glitch in the system.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Pretty awesome....I definitely appreciate the gesture.  Next...72-hour rewind!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Where? The email says I now have it, but where? It doesn't under Subscribed or Unsubscribed Networks, which oddly refuses to list anything that starts with a letter greater than "F" (even with "show all").  It doesn't show up in the Guide at all.  Shows somewhere? I don't see anything under Movies that is noticeably different.

Are we just adding to the bug list with this?

Android 7, Nexus 6

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I was just in a chat and they said it is rolling out to accounts and that I should try again in a few hours. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just got an email about this, but I see no HBO on the TV guide.

Is it working for anybody?

Daniel644

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

3 years ago

now just waiting for it to show up in the channel lineup and be able to access HBO GO, might finally watch Game of Thrones.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Got the same email.  Chatted with Directv Now and was told HBO will automatically appear in 24 hours.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Just talked to a rep,..said it should pop up within 24-hours

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks. I'll see. I spent the better part of an hour looking around. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So does anyone know if we have to call back in a year and cancel it?  It seems like from the email it should just appear, but I don't see it either.  I didn't see anything about what happens after the year is done.

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

3 years ago

I'll gladly trade 100 years of free HBO for a Roku app.

vnzjunk

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

They don't make it very clear in the offer email. Are you changing your account package if you accept the offer? Does this affect the intro rate of $35 if you accept HBO and then cancel it at the end of the free period? If so I'll just say NO but if everything stays the same once you cancel the HBO part then I will take it.

For the life of me I don't understand why AT&T can't be more specific when they make an offer. I can't believe its just me?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Not working for us, either!  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I received the email but do not see HBO listed on my channels. ??

on line chat  seems to be way too busy 12, 13, 15 minute wait.😒😏

JonathanK

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

@vnzjunk

No offense, it's just you, and probably a handful of others. If you've had DirecTVNow since the beginning, you should already know how HBO works. They've explained it, Cinemax, and Starz already, long ago. These three channels are add-on packages for $5 each a month. They don't affect your base package. At all. They're basically a la carte. You can add and remove them at will each month. They have nothing to do with your intro $35 package. As long as you don't cancel, you'll always have that $35 package. These three channels are all in addition to them if you pay the $5. In this case, HBO will be given free for a year, in addition to what you get for the $35 you already pay. I hope that answers everything! 

Honestly, I think it's very clear. The only issue will be after the year is over, will we need to manually cancel, or will AT&T do that for us? THat's the only thing I don't have an answer to. But for your issue, it's quite clear how it works!  I hope I was of help to you.

Get started...

Ask a new question