Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 9:20 PM

DIRECTV NOW Chat

Went to chat services for DIRECTV NOW and cannot find any link. Tried different browsers, turned off pop-up blockers on all browsers and still cannot chat. I am currently using Chrome Browser. Why can't I chat?

Responses

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

a year ago

Go to this link: https://www.att.com/esupport/main.html#!/directv-now while you scroll down/up a Chat Live button will be showing. Click on that, you will get this options: 

Which AT&T DIRECTV NOW category best fits your question?

• Billing
  • Payments
  • Shopping
  • Modify Service
  • Technical Support
  • Sign in & Password Support

Then, click on Sign in & Password Support, you will be redirected to the Virtual Assistant to start the chat session.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

There is a number 3 on the top right hand side. Suppose to have HDM1

There is a no signal in another box in the middle of the black screen. This started Friday night on the bedroom tv. Other tv is perfect.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

No help, Waited over  five minutes.  give me a phone number to contact someone.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

a year ago

Phone support is not available with DirecTV Now. Only chat.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

Your clock times are not showing what my clocks are showing

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

Get a repair service to fix this since I can't get chat service or direct phone service

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

a year ago

It's certainly available. Chat is available 24/7. I have verified it is up. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. The reason you do not see the icon is due to some extension, program, or blocker preventing the icon from appearing. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It'a also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Chat_12302018.JPG

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
cocelot-1

Scholar

• 

169 Messages

a year ago

Just a couple of things to clarify.

Everyone here is just other subscribers and none of us can do anything except try to help each other out from our own experiences. Its a community forum.

Also, there is no phone support at all with DirecTV Now. No Number and no support department to call. The only way to get support is to use the support chat on the contact us page. The instructions given by bcbsncjlj above are good and should help to get you on chat with support.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

My first problem is that I don't know if JavaScript is enabled and don't know how to enable.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

Well, I had my problem with Direct TV from a phone number. The best news it that the guy that helped me figured out that it was the remote(called Gene) that was causing the problem. They sent me a new remote in 2 days and everything works like it should. I had tried the phone helper and after about 30 minutes and got no help. Then I started looking for phone help. I found a number and they were very helpful and fixed the problem. The next time I have a problem, I will try my telephone first.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

a year ago

Great but your post has nothing to do with the DirecTV Now service that you have posted. This is not a DirecTV forum.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Just a headsup bcbsncjlj, I had the no directv now chat button available problem. Note when you have this issue it's for all services not just Directv Now. I read almost all of the threads, you replied in most of them.  I did lots of resetting, clearing cookies cache, ensured javascript is enabled, nothing blocking content, etc... I even tried a different computer, different OS i.e. Linux vs Windows. Note my primary browser is latest Chrome on latest Windows 10. I finally decided to use a VPN and hop through another location, since I had an ATT support person try it over the phone and theirs worked fine, although I realized that they are in different geographic location and connecting from a different ip address, so this is what led to this theory.  So my theory at that point was that it was subjective based on from where you were connecting from or it was tied somehow to the network connected.  The VPN although did cause the button to appear was spotty and caused multiple connection losses, so I finally forgot that I could tether from my Cell phone.  So I turned on my cell phone hot spot and voila I was in just fine and got through and had my issue resolved.  I don't like this as a long term fix, so if I had to try to fix the issue again the only other thing I might try is to reset my router or renew a lease on my IP address.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

7.5K Messages

a year ago

There have been some anecdotal reports (like yours) that imply that some ISPs are doing something (blocking some ports or protocols or similar for some reason) that prevents the chat button from appearing.  Since the VPN effectively tunnels through your ISP to another, this might avoid the problem, and since your mobile data completely bypasses your ISP, this would also avoid the problem.  No idea what specifically the ISP might be doing, but there have been enough reports that it is probable there is something to it.

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

a year ago

I doubt if it's the ISPs, what would they have to gain?

I had always used Chrome to check that chat is available, The chat icon never appeared with Firefox, but I figured that was because I had every popup blocker, ad blocker, do-not-track option and other "security" feature enabled.

I finally narrowed it down to the "block all known trackers" function. If I uncheck that, even with every other blocker still active, I do get the chat icon. This is with Firefox Quantum under Linux 4.15.

People are so security aware these days that using every "security" feature is actively encouraged. The ISPs might be indirectly at fault by providing "security" software that might block things like chat.

ISPs do block some ports, like they often block port 25 or port 80 for non-business accounts, but I suspect if they are blocking the chat icon it's a side effect of trying to do something else, not an intentional act.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

So, what needs to happen. I have done everything short of tethering my phone ( I do not know how to do that, nor do I want to). I have tried different browsers and different computers, enabled what I am supposed to and shut of all pop-up blockers, I even turned my anti-virus off, and still no chat. I am not using WiFi internet, my computer (desktop) is hard wired for internet access. I seriously believe this is an AT&T problem and because it works for them (because they have better internet service than everybody) they do not want to do anything about it. They have had several complaints about this issue and still refuse to investigate it. What is it going to take to get this problem fixed. Maybe we need to cancel are DirecTv Now accounts and use a different company all together. Maybe then will they begin to do something about this issue.